OpenWRT / Linux on Phantom Vision

Reaction score
Looking into the Vision it seems like its defiantly OpenWRT running on the camera, ser2net is also used, SSH and HTTP on port 80 & 81 are running. Anyone else been looking into the firmware or have any insight into the firmware. I would love to work on getting the GPS data sentences into google earth and the video on to a windows labtop. Maybe someone with more firmware experience can help out. I have looked into the NAZA protocol's a bit but haven't made progress I would love to poke around via ssh. Also I have seen no source and it may be violating GPL but not really into making a fuss about it. If anyone wants to help feel free to email me at brizflysdrones @ gmail dot com

Make it a captive portal where it streams low framerate images (1-2fps) from the camera for broader consumption :D

You may have an easier time figuring that out once DJI releases the groundstation functionality in the firmware...then you can see a lot of the processes you're trying to create while they're actually happening. The GS is expected to do most everything you're asking for with the exception of the video transmission, so a lot of the data you want will have a central point of processing or transfer.

The groundstation already works on other versions of the NAZA and other DJI flight controllers...you could probably start digging in to that now even before it's available on the P2V.

Captive portal would be neat to have images, lol
Just trying to get the ssh credentials for now to poke around a bit.
would love to get it streaming GPS over UDP

Ask Colin to for an unencrypted firmware dump.. he may not care enough about DJI at this point to do just that :mrgreen:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj