OPENED UP PHANTOM 3, CRUSHED CIRCUIT COMPONENT !

Reaction score
REMOVED TOP OF PHANTOM 3 COVER and noticed a crushed a tiny circuit component that appears to be a resistor. (could be a diode, or some other unknown component.. it isnt labeled)

Does anyone know if dji will replace the single tiny crushed component??

or do i have to purchase a new motherboard.. (how much is a new mother board ?)

Attachments

• IMG_2484[1].PNG
    IMG_2484[1].PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 591
Can you give us some info on how you obtained it? (3rd party shop, used, direct from DJI, etc.) Have you flown it before? Give as much info as possible.

Can you give us some info on how you obtained it? (3rd party shop, used, direct from DJI, etc.) Have you flown it before? Give as much info as possible.

i bought the drone directly from DJI. i have flown the drone numerous times and crashed it once. when i opened up the drone i noticed there was a crushed component (yellow in colour). Im not sure what the component is..

I fired up the drone and no error messages came up, but obviously im concerned about the damaged component and want to replace it before i fly it again.

i would replace it myself if i knew exactly what the component is. i have a feeling dji would only give me the option to purchase a new motherboard, which would be expensive (not sure how much a motherboard costs)

Yes, a new motherboard would be quite expensive (around $200 from what I've seen so far for the Pro), and I would also be quite worried. DJI might be able to offer you a specialized part for purchase, but odds are that you would have to buy a new main board. I would take it in to an electronics repair place, see if they can figure out what it is/replace it. Also someone here on the site may have more experience with this than I. If you need more help, just message me again.

Yes, a new motherboard would be quite expensive (around $200 from what I've seen so far for the Pro), and I would also be quite worried. DJI might be able to offer you a specialized part for purchase, but odds are that you would have to buy a new main board. I would take it in to an electronics repair place, see if they can figure out what it is/replace it. Also someone here on the site may have more experience with this than I. If you need more help, just message me again.

thanks for the help,

i do have a picture of the ruined component, if anyone can identify the component that would be greatly appreciated.

That's just a cap. most likely 10nF. No harm if you put wrong one there. Give it a try, let us know.
On the bottom of your picture there is another set of 3 caps, for the other IC. They're identical.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik