Ooops!

Reaction score
Well, my P3P got squarshed. Don't ask how, it just did. Lol.
It is repairable but I'm thinking I'm just going to list it for sale as repairable. Gimbal broke, legs are toast and probably a new housing.
Question 1, what do you think I should ask for it? Extra props, 4 batteries, multi charger and case.
Question 2, P4P or Mavic Pro?

1. Need more info. Ribbon cable? Camera? Motors? You'll likely get the best prices by parting it out (selling batteries seperately and in pairs maybe). No point trying to include any shell parts that are broken/cracked. Part out the inards. What's broken on the gimbal?

2. Depends on what you're going for. Best video quality? Portability? What are you looking to use it for and what are your top considerations? After market mods?

Portability and good video quality. It's just a hobby and I don't plan on doing any mods, just fly.
I didn't look too closely at it, I just opened the case and realized the dumb mistake I made and closed it back up. LOL

Portability and good video quality. It's just a hobby and I don't plan on doing any mods, just fly.
I didn't look too closely at it, I just opened the case and realized the dumb mistake I made and closed it back up. LOL
Oh you mean you actually squashed it.. like it got sat on or something?? (You said not to ask but ... )

Oh you mean you actually squashed it.. like it got sat on or something?? (You said not to ask but ... )

I was closing the slide out on my motorhome and didn't realize the case was actually where I freaking put it. Crushed between the bed and the ward.

I just opened the case and realized the dumb mistake I made and closed it back up. LOL

Oh! You really meant "squarshed"! You didn't even get to burn it into the ground... That's double the suckage. :(

If you're looking for "very decent" video quality and portability, and not too intrested in after market mods... I would lean more toward a Mavic. Portability being a real major plus. The only thing I'm not too hot on is the controller. It's great for throwing up a quick flight, but I also prefer a much larger monitor than the Mavic controller will accomodate "out-of-the-box".

Still though... I would fly much more frequently If I didn't have to lug around a hardshell backpack and another seperate bag for the the extras. A Mavic is great as a"throw as you go". KWIM?

My personal opinion. YMMV

Last edited:
You can put an iPad in the Mavic controller. You can watch video on YouTube. Hope that helps

You can put an iPad in the Mavic controller. You can watch video on YouTube. Hope that helps

Is it big enough to hold an iPad mini? I've only seen it with phones. Of course I haven't been really looking because I had a perfectly good P3P. lol

Yes search drone Valley on you tube. Rich has a great page. He's an engineer so he knows all the ins and outs. I use iPad mini 4

Is it big enough to hold an iPad mini?

A mini shouldn't be any problem using the "stock" holder. To me... the controller starts getting a bit awkward with anything larger than a phone though. As is, you're "holding" the phone partically while working the sticks. There are upper holders available though that can hold a larger monitor more comfortably.

I use my Ipad Air 2 with the mavic and an upper holder... maybe a bit less than half the time. Usually though I just throw a phone in the clip and let'er rip. Multiple back to back flights... I usually still stick with my P3 though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj