Only tilts 45° to 90°

Reaction score
Once slub again I'm new. And I have updated all systems. The gimbal only tilts to 45° at it's highest position. Should I do a reset and reinstall the update?

This is the camera it it's forward most position

11123_10153658269819606_984208015843038481_n.jpg

Calibrate in the RC assistant first. Then boot up the phantom assistant software and calibrate there.

Make sure you calibrate X1 for both.

Did that still nothing. Looking at the gimbal settings the tilt control is only at -30 to +30. And it's grayed out so I cannot change it

j53113 said:
Did that still nothing. Looking at the gimbal settings the tilt control is only at -30 to +30. And it's grayed out so I cannot change it

Stay on that page.
Try and manually key in Gains = 5, Vertical = 0 and Horizontal = 0.

Also, do you know if the phantom app is talking the phantom? Is the windows drivers installed? Can you see the control sticks move in the phantom assist?

Do you have selected the upgrade version of the Tx within the software in stead of the orginional/basic version Tx?

Yes the drivers are working properly. When I first tried to install the drivers (Friday) I wasn't getting a handshake but was able to get it to work. And yes the upgraded version is selected. I'll try the gains next

Can you see the gimbal firmware in the phantom assist?
Could it be that yours is GCU (Gimbal Control Unit) version and not the dedicated phantom 2 version?

Definitely something wrong. Its missing the sliders to nominate gains/ver/horizontal and the FPV check box is missing.
Never [edit] seen it before..

Can you redownload H33D firmware and update again?

Last resort is to force reset the firmware with tweezers.

My question is regarding the settings for the vertical & horizontal limits, and tilt control I've found some information on the tilt, but none on the vertical and horizontal limits and what the changes do. Is there any information on these? Thanks.

Skyfaller said:
My question is regarding the settings for the vertical & horizontal limits, and tilt control I've found some information on the tilt, but none on the vertical and horizontal limits and what the changes do. Is there any information on these? Thanks.

They limit on the movement on how much it looks down and how much it looks up.

That's strange, when I did mine 2 weeks ago, I just typed in "0" (zero for both). But that Gimbal screen looks different. Did you calibrate with the RC assist ( or whatever you use for the transmitter)? Only other thing was I remember I had the choice to select the older RC or the newer one. Did you select the correct one?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl