Online course/test for current pilots of manned aircraft

Reaction score
Not looking for any of the questions or anything but just some impressions of the course/test. Did the short 2 hour online course prepare you for the test or was there a lot of info that wasn't in the course being tested? What did you think of the entire program.

Thanks!

Thanks Sar104...I'm planning on taking the course/test in the next two days and wondered how much extra studying I would have to do.

Excellent. I called my local fisdo today to find out exactly what I needed and how long out appointments were running. I was told about a week. I'm excited to get the license although I have no immediate plans to monetize my drone flying.

If you're Part 61 holder and current with your BFR etc then you'll only take that short online test and then go for your face-to-face with the examiner to sign off and submit your information into the system.

I didn't study at all except for the short snippets in the online test section. Passed it and got the required test results. Then you enter them into IACRA. Your information must be in IACRA prior to your visit to FSDO so they can pull it up and sign off on your qualifications.

Disclaimer: The above is accurate to the best of my ability but it was a few months ago so it might be slightly off or things might have changed. This should give you a general idea of the work flow needed to get your Part 107 certificate if you are current with Part 61.

Thanks BigA..since I fly for an airline I don't get BFR's but our every 6th month check rides count. Luckily, I just took one and actually still have the paperwork from it. I think every thing you said about is correct. I appreciate the info.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks BigA..since I fly for an airline I don't get BFR's but our every 6th month check rides count. Luckily, I just took one and actually still have the paperwork from it. I think every thing you said about is correct. I appreciate the info.

Yea I'm sure you're "abundantly" qualified :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers