One week of ownership, P3S

Reaction score
I am one week into ownership of the Phantom 3 standard and It is proving to be an amazing piece of kit.

I'll be honest, I struggled a bit with the techno side but I struggle with cell phones, computers, car radios. In reality it was dead easy once my old brain was tuned in.

Best bit: Telemetry and FPV on screen. Never had it on my other Phantoms and let me tell you, my guesstimates of height and distance were waaayyy off.

Worst bit: The gimbal gaurd. My word, there has to be an easier less destructive method.

Interesting bit: I am using an android Huwai mobile phone, although it's not listed as compatible it works great with hardly any lag at all. I am also using a Galaxy tab 3 lite which is much better to see and operate with my sausage fingers but there is way more lag.

If you are having issues with the video download I would blag your mates devices and try them out.

Summation: If you are thinking of buying one and you don't need movie quality videos, then I would definitely recommend it, it's packed with useful and usable features. A fairly intuitive operating system despite my lack of skills and a camera that is equal to, or perhaps marginally better than my Gopro H4s.

All in all, I think this is a great quadcopter at a decent price. Get one, go fly ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj