One-Way Flight Hack

Reaction score
Forgive me if i'm taking credit....Discovered a small but VERY useful Flight Hack today.....I set my GPS Home Point hovered for 30 seconds...Landed then powered down....Drove .05 Miles started the copter and turned off the TX. It took 4 minutes to return to its original GPS home point..In a sense you can do unmanned directional landscapes..especially if no FPV....this has to be useful???...RIGHT?????

Through the NAZA Assistant you can configure the GPS-ATTI switch bottom position to trigger Failsafe - saves you having to turn off the TX, and lets you regain control more easily if necessary (switch back to ATTI to regain manual control).

media_joe said:
Forgive me if i'm taking credit....Discovered a small but VERY useful Flight Hack today.....I set my GPS Home Point hovered for 30 seconds...Landed then powered down....Drove .05 Miles started the copter and turned off the TX. It took 4 minutes to return to its original GPS home point..In a sense you can do unmanned directional landscapes..especially if no FPV....this has to be useful???...RIGHT?????

It's either brilliant or crazy. Not something I would want to do. You are on purpose loosing control of your quad and hoping it will return to home. I wouldn't think this would be an optimum situation.

Read some of the hundreds of flyaway posts and threads, where RTH didn't work.

Nope, not something I'm gonna try anytime this life time.

Good luck

D

As a variation on your idea...I've found the best video shots is to home position, then take the quad over to the spot you want to video, and place it down. Then go back to the home location and power up the quad in home lock. Up it goes and pull straight back, remember to tilt the camera a bit down because it lifts when its flying back to you. nice and steady line of sight. Safe landing at your feet, steady video shot and no lost quads or anxiety attacks. Just reverse the video in your video editor and you'll have a safe steady controlled shot.

Thats a great idea. Ill post some tests. As soon as my FPV arrives im going the distance!!!

Make sure you put your name on the phantom, this is not something I would ever do as I prefer to fly the phantom and would not put any faith in RTH beyond being there as my very last resort.

There are other flight controllers you may want to look into if you want automated flight but trying to do so in a phantom is asking for trouble. You have no real control over the path beyond it being a straight line 20m above the ground. You can easily do a one way flight in FPV and better still a 2 way flight and bring it back to where you started. Not sure how far you intend to go but if it goes bad as it very easily can I wont say I told you so.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj