One Red Light During Hover

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just registered...first post.

Fresh battery, calibrated compass, good GPS count (no red lights), take off, hover...occasional single red light between green flashes. Keep in mind, simply hovering...no hard acceleration or hard climb, simply hovering. Any clue what single red light may mean?

Thanks in advance.
Mike Fetterer
Davenport, Iowa

I believe that's a satellite reception indication (providing your battery wasn't low or under stress - IE holding GPS lock in windy conditions)

Thanks for the replies guys. Now I have another problem I'm hoping you can help me with:
I seem to be continually losing my connection in GPS mode. I've updated to the latest firmware, calibrated the IMU's, checked the compass settings, done Advanced IMU Calibration....the works. Just happened again earlier today, stayed at low altitude, flew about 40 yards away from me and then into Failsafe she went. Quickly switched to Attitude Mode and flew it straight back to my position. I really don't think it's the location I'm flying it in either, I've flown the Phantom in this same area twenty times without a hitch. Besides that, it's happened in a more wide-open area as well. I've just finished taking the shell apart to double-check all connections (it's been through a few spills) but all looks fine. Also taken apart the transmitter (OEM) to check all connections there too...again, no apparent problems. The only thing I'm curious about: The antenna wire seems to get thinner at the "pivot point" (where the collar comes down to join the two halves). Is this normal or is it a sign of pinching?

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. This thing used to be a joy to fly and lately I'm afraid to fly it at all. Extremely frustrated.

Thanks

Not sure if this will help, but I had similar problems with GPS connections after a only a few flights. I found the problem when I was installing my new PMU and had to move the GPS connection, the red wire on the GPS connector coming literally was only holding on by a single wire strand. Not sure if it was a defect or from a few minor spills I took. It sure wasn't obvious by just looking at it.

Anyway, I removed the wire and soldered it on to the teeny-tiny connector and I haven't had a problem since.

Good luck.

Dave

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik