One of my mainboard diodes burned down :( , Help Pls

i read "jasonisdn" post and i didn't really understand how should it be and how he got the cable .
you can see in the pic i attached before how my cable is connected to the board .
as far as i know this is the correct way no ?

The component that short it out is connected to the B+ power and connected to the camera socket right in back of it. Why that component shorted you either used the wrong plug n play cable or solder the power wires incorrectly. This had nothing whatsoever to do with unplugging the gimbal. No matter how it happened you will need a new mother board.

If you list what transmitter you have and where the iOSD is installed so I can point you the correct plug n play cable. A photo of the bottom of your P2 would help

The component that short it out is connected to the B+ power and connected to the camera socket right in back of it. Why that component shorted you either used the wrong plug n play cable or solder the power wires incorrectly. This had nothing whatsoever to do with unplugging the gimbal. No matter how it happened you will need a new mother board.

If you list what transmitter you have and where the iOSD is installed so I can point you the correct plug n play cable. A photo of the bottom of your P2 would help

this is the tx i bought
this is the IOSD mini
this is the cable set i bought to connect it all

Look at posts #22 and #24 to see about replacing the burned-out part.

The reason it blew out is that your power connector is wired backwards.
I'm talking about the 2-pin connector with red/black wires that goes into the vTX.
If you look at the pictures, you'll notice that the red/black wires go into different
sides in the different harnesses (the one that comes with the vTX vs. the one
that's supposed to plug it all together).

You didn't buy a vTX that's supported by the harness. There's no guarantee
that either of the plugs are wired correctly. In fact, it looks like both are wired
incorrectly for your vTX. You'll need to pull the pins out of the connectors and
match them up correctly. You can refer to the colors of the wires from the
original vTX cables, though this might not be correct either. Best is to read the
specs and match up the signals (ground to ground, power to power, etc.).

Last edited:
Reactions: sagi
by watching the pic from Ebay looks like you are correct.
when i'll be near my phantom i will check if this is the case .

The power wires at transmitter are crossed that's why the coil shorted. If you remove the power connector from the TX and using a straight pin carefully remove the power wire and switch them that will take care of that problem. The problem with trying to replace the shorted coil is that you have no idea what else may have been damaged. A new mother board is $59 dollars.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1054345-REG/dji_cp_pt_000052_central_circuit_board_for.html

do you think my tx could be burned as well ?
and jason, the board link you gave is for vision + only !!!
is the board different from regular phantom 2 ?

do you think my tx could be burned as well ?
and jason, the board link you gave is for vision + only !!!
is the board different from regular phantom 2 ?

Only way to find out is to power it up. And make this perfectly clear that shorted component is not a diode os I would not trust that part number. So buy a new board. Take my word for it I spent 20 years repairing electronic equipment.

My question why did you buy a 2000mw transmitter??

ok i just ordered a new board i hope it will come quick .
and way not a 2000mw transmitter??

How many miles do you need to broadcast? Using more power than you need is just wasting battery life/flight time.

Because it's overkill that's why. In the mean time swap those power wires and once the new board comes in you have to unsolder five connection 4 ESC power leads and the battery leads. The Naza module is taped down to the motherboard and I highly recommend that you photograph all the connections as to where they go and there are 4 screws holding that board.

Once you are finished installing the board you think about installing the mini iOSD inside the shell as well. You might also consider either longer landing gear or snap on extensions to protect both the camera and gimbal unless you have extremely deep pockets and don't mind spending more cash.

Reactions: sagi
Because it's overkill that's why. In the mean time swap those power wires and once the new board comes in you have to unsolder five connection 4 ESC power leads and the battery leads. The Naza module is taped down to the motherboard and I highly recommend that you photograph all the connections as to where they go and there are 4 screws holding that board.

Once you are finished installing the board you think about installing the mini iOSD inside the shell as well. You might also consider either longer landing gear or snap on extensions to protect both the camera and gimbal unless you have extremely deep pockets and don't mind spending more cash.
thx for all your tips , i did order bigger landing gear and waiting it to come in the mail .
regarding the tx power consumption , do you recommend plug it in to an external battery ?

thx for all your tips , i did order bigger landing gear and waiting it to come in the mail .
regarding the tx power consumption , do you recommend plug it in to an external battery ?

No wait untill you have everything put back together first as there isn't much you can do at this point of course other than disassembling the board.

If you order from B&H you won't get that board until Tuesday as the order will not go out till tomorrow.

Yes, it will fly just fine.

Hey guys,

I wish I could speak two languages.

But English is the forum standard.

If you wish to communicate in Spanish please start a PM or 'Conversation'.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31