One of my mainboard diodes burned down :( , Help Pls

you all can go into the precise soldering on these components but unless you have a laser heat solder or really really thin tip with digitally controllable temp gauge
you are most likely going to damage something else while replacing it.

get a new board ($60) and replace the whole thing. or send it over so i can replace it for you.

The part next to the CAM cable connector that burns out is a coil (0.8nH), which seems to act as a fuse. You can just bridge over the solder joints where it connects and get going again, but be aware that this leaves you fuseless if you screw up again.

The part that Did04 burned out is a mosfet which acts as a switch to turn on/off power for the gimbal. You could bridge pins 1-3 over to pins 6-8 and leave the switch always on, if you don't mind the gimbal being always on. The part is AO4077A, if you want to replace it. If you don't have a gimbal hooked up to the Zenmuse port, then you don't need to do anything. I have no idea why it would burn up, unless a stray piece of wire or solder ball fell into the Zenmuse connector and shorted it.

Thanx everyone for answers,will try to change just the burned part not the whole motherboard,and i will see the result...

Here is the extract of the schematic diagram from RDCF550.

The burnt part is a SMD Inductor 1uH. it will be usually damaged when you unplug the camera while the power supply is still switch ON.

hope it help in your troubleshooting.

Check the schematics posted. I don't know if this was included. You lose nothing by replacing the part, if you can determine what it was. I'm with you on this.

Edit: I should have read all of the thread. You have your data, replace it!

jarance said:
Here is the extract of the schematic diagram from RDCF550.

The burnt part is a SMD Inductor 1uH. it will be usually damaged when you unplug the camera while the power supply is still switch ON.

hope it help in your troubleshooting.

What is RDCF550?

If you will notice the factory wire goes from right side of board towards center, Ground/Hot/video ground/ video out. Are you guys using any aftermarket wire harnesses? I did and popped 2 motherboards before I noticed the wire was incorrect on the aftermarket harness. I have now used the factory harnesses and made my own connections. I will have my 3rd motherboard early this week and will test it.
Exp-1_1024.jpg

Well, I contacted the company that sold me the wire and sent them some pictures. The wire harness was wired incorrectly on the cam plug. He offered a free cable, needless to say the reply was "no thanks". It all worked fine after my soldered connections were made correctly. Moral of the story, trust no one, not even yourself.

Wow that seems like a hard cable to frig up the wiring on being its straight across with no cross overs. What did they do put on end connector on upside down?

Hello,
I have the same problem. I've turned my PT2 on and the compass was completely off. I had the red/green/yellow lights flashing, asking for an advanced calibration. And the suddenly I had smoke coming out of the shell. I turned it directly off and removed the battery. When I arrived home, I opened my PT2 and saw that one part burned. Does anyone knows what part it is? The PT2 is still ok to be turned on but I don't know if it can fly.
Thanks for your help.
Here is the picture:

Thats the same chip that I keep burning. Did you find a fix?

I read the all thread and did not come to any conclusion yet .
for me it happen when i install my FPV system on my phantom 2 .
this is the tx i bought
this is the IOSD mini
this is the cable set i bought to connect it all
I connected it all by this how to video on YouTube .
the only thing i did different is disconnecting the zemouse before starting the phantom to update the IOSD (because i did not have go pro on it at that moment).
and when i power the phantom to update the IOSD the same component burned (see attached pic).
what do you think is the problem ?
is it the cable i used ?
is it the fact that the gimbal was unplugged ?
is it my tx not supported by the cable i bought ?
also what do you think is the correct fix ? replace the circuit board or replace the component (what ever it is)?

11802622_10200690169054318_4826734286565271856_o.jpg

See your other post. Please don't double post items.

in the other post you told me what part it is that burned here i have a few more questions
thx .

See what confusion it creates.

Single post or start your own thread with your issues.

sorry i guess you are correct .
i am kind of nervous on burning the circuit board .
i still don't know what cause the issue and how to fix it .

IF I RECALL it is typically caused by incorrect wiring or plugging in connector with power on.
It's been awhile since this was discussed and it has not happened to me.

i didn't plug anything with power on and i used a ready cable to plug it all together

Go back and read this entire thread. People have had bad harnesses [ready cables] from vendors/sellers.

i read "jasonisdn" post and i didn't really understand how should it be and how he got the cable .
you can see in the pic i attached before how my cable is connected to the board .
as far as i know this is the correct way no ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4