one of four ... motors don't start

Reaction score
Hi Pilots,

Slowly it began to pi.. me off!!!!

I bought a new P3S ... after two flights and one Firmwareupdate the barometer crashes.

ok ... back to the local dealer ... he changed it to another NEW P3S

... Prepare everything for the first flight ... Update the Software ... everything ok ... Turn on the Motors for test ....

3 Motors start running ... One not! Hell is the quality of dji so poor or do i have so much luck with getting bad products?

Sorry my worse english ... i am german ... and a "bit" upset

Maybe anybody have an idea!

Was it working okay before update?
I heard the 1.7.90 (I think) as caused a couple of problems, so I'm not updating mine.
Hopefully someone may have other ideas.

No ... unfortunatly i don't test the motors before updating. i was glad that the barometer is ok and don't thought that just one of the motors will not work on a new P3S. Cause i am new with DJI Copter, i don't know about such problems! And if i buy a copter for 500 Euros i normaly think that everything works well ... and DJI is a brand for copter ... but two defect NEW Copter in a row ... frustrating

I can understand your frustration, normally these are excellent drones. It would seem to me to be the update as both have acted strangely after doing it.
The dealer should be able to check the update is installed correctly, or if that is the problem.
Good luck

its just a big electronic market ... they sell it, but without any knowlege ... as i see today when changing them. I also thought that DJI is a good brand for copter ...

Poor QC!

Unfortunately, QC at DJI leaves a lot to be desired. I'm in the process of sending back a second P3S within the last 2 weeks of initial purchase. First one had an intermittent Compass Stuck error prior to taking off. The second one has a weak RC signal as shown on the DJI Go app, with only 3-4 bars out of 5, when the RC and P3S are right next to one another. Same thing regardless of where I try it.

I talked to support on both issues and after offering multiple suggestions, all of which were tried, they said I should send the units back for an exchange. Guess DJI will learn the hard way that they need to do a better job with Quality Control. They need to focus on quality instead of quantity, or at least find a better balance.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
I often wonder what happens to all of the defective return units....especially if the issue is intermittent as was my "compass stuck" error. Hopefully they are not returned to general stock to be resold.

Best of luck on your third P3S. I also will give them a third shot. I almost wish I had gone with the Autel Xstar Premium at this point, although this unit doesn't currently offer the third party and other upgrades as does DJI. Also doesn't have the support network as offered on this forum which is incredibly valuable.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

i know some pilots here and they don't have such problems! So DJI get a third AND LAST chance! Otherwhile i have to search for another drone!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair