Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

One motor doesn't work

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by Scalpel78, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Scalpel78

Hi, I got my DJI Phantom today, but when I started it for the first time only three of the four rotors were spinning. The fourth just sits there.

It there anything I can do, or do I have to send it back?

2. BruceTS

If it's new, best to call the place where you got it, they'll most likely tell you to send it back.

3. Scalpel78

I have a feeling that the problem is caused by a bad calibration of one of the sticks:

[​IMG]

An error pops up in the lower right corner of my screen saying "ERROR[29]", and the following text:

I've done step (1), but do not understand step (2). Is there something on the controller I can use to adjust it?

I see there are some screwholes on the back of the controller - are those for adjusting? I have another controller I use for a regular RC helicopter, and it has these adjustmentsliders next to the sticks, but the DJI controller doesn't have these. Are they buried under the white controller shell?

4. auck

do a calibration of the TX. hit the calibrate button and follow instructions.

that information you quoted is meant for situations where none of the motors starts up. in your case, only one does not. this indicates that there is something wrong with the craft. best thing to do as stated above is to contact the dealer and see if they will exchange for a new one.

5. Scalpel78

Thanks guys. I tried calibrating, but it didn't help. The Phantom is now disassembled, and back in the box. Expect to return it tomorrow.

Bummer.

6. Gizmo3000

They must have sent you a Phantom with a bad motor, or a bad ESC,. or maybe even a bad cable going from the NAZA to the the ESC. (if all the lights came on underneath, it was a bad motor,. which can be replaced with soldering and such..)

But since it's new, definitely best to send it back and get a new one that works out of the box.