One motor "beeps", but DJI GO does not show esc error?

Reaction score
I have a P3A with one motor that sounds like it is beeping. When i turn that motor by hand, the volume changes.

I was schooled by Quaddamage:
"Motors and speakers are similar; you can use motor as speaker with some smart driving. This is why ESCs usually announce error states this way.
This seem like a connection problem between ESC and the MC; unfortunately they're connected by board, not by wires - you will probably have to replace the board, unless you're good enough in electronics to locate the issue.
You should now access flight logs; but best would be not by removing the card, just by entering flight logs transfer mode in DJI Go."

That all makes sense to me and I really appreciate any help I can get. I'm unclear why the DJI GO app does not show an esc error? I am ready to purchase a new center/esc/mc board, unless anyone might have another option to try?

I'm not finding the correct information in the flight logs to help me out with this. Any suggestions on software that can read the .dat files?

Last edited:
I have a P3A with one motor that sounds like it is beeping. When i turn that motor by hand, the volume changes.

I was schooled by Quaddamage:
"Motors and speakers are similar; you can use motor as speaker with some smart driving. This is why ESCs usually announce error states this way.
This seem like a connection problem between ESC and the MC; unfortunately they're connected by board, not by wires - you will probably have to replace the board, unless you're good enough in electronics to locate the issue.
You should now access flight logs; but best would be not by removing the card, just by entering flight logs transfer mode in DJI Go."

That all makes sense to me and I really appreciate any help I can get. I'm unclear why the DJI GO app does not show an esc error? I am ready to purchase a new center/esc/mc board, unless anyone might have another option to try?

I'm not finding the correct information in the flight logs to help me out with this. Any suggestions on software that can read the .dat files?
You could use DatCon which can be obtained here. The info you want will be in the eventLog stream. Select the "Event Log File" in the Log Files sub panel.

Reactions: glosol
I've been working with DatCon, but the dashware software isn't working for me. I open the zip and see no exe or application to install.

Sent from my 0PM92 using PhantomPilots mobile app
As I said the info you want is most likely in the eventLog stream. Dashware won't help with this.

I don't use Dashware and it is a long and complicated process to set up. So I can't provide advice on how to use it.

I'm pretty sure DJI doesn't use the motors as status indicators when you have the app, gimbal LED and beeper, and AC LED and speaker.
Then again, maybe it is one of the motors going D-DDD.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It sounds more like one of the motor poles isn't being powered. Since it is a brushless syncronus motor, the motor moves by rotating power among the motor leads. If one lead isn't able to be powered, then the motor is frozen in place, vibrating when the one pole is powered and not powered. It is like firing spark plugs in sequence on an engine. If only one plug fires, the engine may turn a little but pretty much at a standstill. Not best analogy since there's more involved in an engine

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

OK I'll get into the event log stream and see what's up

Sent from my 0PM92 using PhantomPilots mobile app
You'll need to set the lower time to Recording Start in the Time Axis panel
upload_2017-2-16_21-37-4.png

and then select Event Log File in the Log Files panel
upload_2017-2-16_21-38-10.png

look for stuff like this in the FLYXXX.log.txt
-186.448 : 3416 : 1 ESC0 link up
-186.437 : 3423 : 2 ESC1 link up
-186.425 : 3430 : 2 ESC2 link up
-186.413 : 3437 : 3 ESC3 link up
-186.413 : 3437 : 3 esc alive info = 0xf
-186.400 : 3445 : 4 [esc_is_stall] status changed: last(0xffffffff) != current(0x00000000)
-186.400 : 3445 : 4 [esc_is_empty] status changed: last(0xffffffff) != current(0x00000000)

BudWalker, I finally got a chance to look into the log information, thanks for the tutorial btw...

Would anyone be willing to break down what the log info means? I would hate to work on this thing as much as I have been, just to find out the correct fix is listed in the log.

I've had firmware issues, and did attempt to load 1.10 at one time. It looks like the log is showing 1.10 firmware for the esc? does that mean I need to take it from the current 1.9 to 1.10, or downgrade, or ?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• FLY221.log.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
BudWalker, I finally got a chance to look into the log information, thanks for the tutorial btw...

Would anyone be willing to break down what the log info means? I would hate to work on this thing as much as I have been, just to find out the correct fix is listed in the log.

I've had firmware issues, and did attempt to load 1.10 at one time. It looks like the log is showing 1.10 firmware for the esc? does that mean I need to take it from the current 1.9 to 1.10, or downgrade, or ?
Thanks in advance!
This looks just like the example that I provided in post #8. That example came from a P3A that was having motorStart/ESC issues. It was sent to DJI for repair under warranty.

The ESC firmware version number is unrelated ti the AC firmware version number.

Perfect. Its nice to have confirmation on this, thank you.
I picked this P3A up used and non-operational about a month ago and have been slowly getting it all into working order.
I ordered a new board that "should" arrive on tuesday, so hopefully I will finally get to fly this thing.
Again, thanks for all the help...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues