One long video or multiple shots

Reaction score
Complete newbie. Thought I'd just turn the video camera on and run til I landed, but I'm finding that these long video clips are tough to deal with. Do most folks start and stop the video to capture specific shots while flying?

I generally turn the video on and just let it run. Once I load the long clip to my editing app, the first thing I do is cut the long clip into smaller clips I can then use to start moving and trimming to get the combination of shorter clips I want to use in a final video.

If you are using FCP X for editing you can import from the camera card just the parts of the video you want so not as to clutter your HD up with great long segments of unwanted footage.
(At the moment with FCP X) Once you transfer your footage to the computer HD you cannot easily delete these unwanted segments.

In short. If you use FCP X then leave your camera running, then select just the footage you wish to keep and only transfer that onto you hard drive, reformat your SD card and start again.

I will stop and start my video if there are "watershed" events in the video. For example, I'm filming a football game, and I want to get some footage at the adjacent tennis court. I'll stop my camera and restart it just so the tennis clip is easier to pick out of the total footage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20