One flight but 4 video files!!

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I did my first "proper" flight today. Up round our local lighthouse and then along the North Norfolk coast.

All went well but instead of one file with the entire flight it was split into four files! No two files are the same size. The record button was pressed at the start and end of the flight only.

I now don't know how to stitch them together. I did try in the DJI app but it won't let me end up with a video of more than five minutes.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Thank you.

Mark.

I've noticed it won't let the files get larger than 4 GB & then it begins a new file. Even on the Advanced @ 1080x60 fps a full battery flight is two files so I can only imagine how big the 4K videos get.

If you don't have editing software you can stitch them together in the YouTube Video Editor. Upload all the files to YouTube, go into the YouTube Video Editor & insert the separate movies in sequence. When you have them all together (you can trim them individually, add transitions between or leave them back-to-back for a seamless video, then let it process the files into a single video.

Mark try downloading Windows Movie Maker, it's free and will allow you to put the separate videos into one. Nice for editing too

The hard 4gb file size limit applies to SD cards (or any nedia for that matter) formatted as Fat32.... If you fornat the card as Exfat the 4gb limit doesnt apply.

Thank you for your help guys.

I understand the problem now.

I will try the exfat route first but if that doesn't work I think we have iMovie on our Mac which might enable me to add the files together. It's been put away while we redecorate at the moment!

Best regards.

Mark.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20