One day DJI will get it right !! New FW ? Where ?

ahh so you cannot fly if your android dji go app tab or phone is not update ?
I am not sure but after updating the firmware I rebooted the system, it does not say anything that you can't fly. I assume that you can just take off normally.

My Android just got Go v 3.1.6 update, and the app shows the new firmware available message for 1.9.20 right now ...

Downloading now at work will connect to my P3S later and update.

Rainy/Stormy wx expected over weekend, don't know if I'll get to check it out in the air yet.

Just loaded DJI-GO on my S6 Galaxy and was prompted with the new FW update AND a popup message indicating a new version of DJI-Go was coming in the near future which would require users to re-logon/re-register. Failing to re-register after the app update would restrict flights. So...... Seems that you can update the FW but the new geofencing and other location data wont go into effect until the new app becomes available and is installed.

My DJI-Go app is still at 3.1.5 and checking the Play Store, no new app is yet available.

Funny thing,I looked at the 64 gb mini and there isn't a .bin file on it but I have been flying with it in the camera for several weeks with no problems.Videos and pics but no .bin so I looked at the 8 gb card that came with the drone and there is a .bin file on it, P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin .I guess I will format the 64 gb and install the update on it and see what happens.

Funny thing,I looked at the 64 gb mini and there isn't a .bin file on it but I have been flying with it in the camera for several weeks with no problems.Videos and pics but no .bin so I looked at the 8 gb card that came with the drone and there is a .bin file on it, P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin .I guess I will format the 64 gb and install the update on it and see what happens.

What program did you use to look for the file on your mini?
I have a Mini2 and my bin file version is P3C_FW_V01.08.0100.bin
Bob

" P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin" is a common one as when FW 1.07.09 and then 1.08.10... for some reason that is way it was written on the card for some ... mine had it, another guy I know.

One of the reasons for FW being on the card - is that when you insert another battery - it will check during the start up whether battery needs updating. And as you see in the txt file - it also checks the AC and RC each time you fire up.

Nigel

I put the mini in my laptop and there was [.] and a [100xxx] directory on it and the [100xxx] directory had a [.] in it but no .bin file on the mini card.There were a few pics and 2 videos.

I wanted to check my settings before installing the upgrade and DJI said I must install the update !.Well just for kicks I pushed the sticks down and inside to start the motors and a full battery but the light on the battery was RED and the motors would NOT start !.The upgrade started automatic so I felt I didn't have a choice at that point and I was going to anyway.After the update everything was fine,motors started and all.Now I might do the happy dance and I should be all set or is it necessary to do the dance.O,check your settings after the upgrade as some of mine had changed.

I found as they warned - settings were changed ..... I just re-entered mine.

I always check after update anyway - AND do the full calibration routines. FW is a fundamental aspect of the model.

Nigel

Just open the DJI Go app and it will prompt you to download. Make sure to open it without linking the aircraft.
i just opened the go app, and no prompt ? app shows version 3.1.11 and aircraft 1.7.90 ?

edit : just restarted everything.....aircraft 1.8.1

Last edited:
i just opened the go app, and no prompt ? app shows version 3.1.11 and aircraft 1.7.90 ?

Try to just open the app alone without connecting to the aircraft and see if it's ask you to download the firmware. Are you in Android?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj