One Broken Cloverleaf Antenna

Reaction score
I recently broke one of my Fat Shark Cloverleaf antennas. With only one working antenna would it be better to put it on the Phantom or on my Black Pearl monitor? Does it even make a difference?

I've been told by radio experts you can damage the equipment by not having an antenna connected. I wouldn't risk using a damaged one on either end. :eek:

Fplvert said:
I've been told by radio experts you can damage the equipment by not having an antenna connected. I wouldn't risk using a damaged one on either end. :eek:

Good advice. I actually wouldn't leave either with no antenna, but rather use the stock antenna on one end and the FatShark on the other :)

I would put the undamaged one on the phantom. You could use at least one of the black pearl stick antennas on the BP monitor until you get a replacement.

yeah, powering on the phantom with no antenna on the transmitter can fry it. I try to always remember that even when I'm powering up in home to check settings or something.

knuckles said:
I would put the undamaged one on the phantom. You could use at least one of the black pearl stick antennas on the BP monitor until you get a replacement.

yeah, powering on the phantom with no antenna on the transmitter can fry it. I try to always remember that even when I'm powering up in home to check settings or something.

Awesome. Crap, I haven't been putting an antenna on indoors to check settings! I'll be more careful. Don't need more parts to replace!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20