On Vacation in Oregon - restrictions on flights abound here!

Reaction score
On our way down the coast, I was informed by person at a lighthouse that no remote control aircraft can operate near the lighthouses on the coast because they are "historical sites." Another campground "host" claimed all the coastline is off limits to flying due to migratory birds in the area. At a state park out in the desert, the "host" told us that site was off limits to flight because "the state says so".

None of the sites have signage to that effect. There is no map or list that I could find to establish which are legitimate closures. So, be advised that if you want to fly, you better have permission from "someone". Or, you might want to launch from outside the boundaries and shoot in the direction of the object you want to film.
(See attached)

Attachments

• Aerial_Ft_Rock.jpg
    Aerial_Ft_Rock.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 555
Reactions: gosports1
Haystack Rock was a go to me though there was a sign prohibiting drone but after there was an officer and asked her about the policy and she said that no drones 150 meters within the rock. Here's my video

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Flew at Haystack and Canon beach this past Monday, had no issues at all....

Haystack Rock was a go to me though there was a sign prohibiting drone but after there was an officer and asked her about the policy and she said that no drones 150 meters within the rock. Here's my video

Drewji,
Nice video of a fun adventure! I enjoyed your editing style, too. Keep shooting and sharing.
I'm always looking for the persons in charge at different public places and encourage them to see from my tablet what I can see. This has softened some so they give me permission to fly anyway .

Drewji,
Nice video of a fun adventure! I enjoyed your editing style, too. Keep shooting and sharing.
I'm always looking for the persons in charge at different public places and encourage them to see from my tablet what I can see. This has softened some so they give me permission to fly anyway .

Thanks shot this Bebop Drone and finally moved on to P4. Yes kind a hard to know who to ask anymore regarding drone policy.

Sorry, didn't view the video yet (home computer to slow). Got a picture of the sign or where it is posted? Is the sign 150 meters from the rock.

@Energy Guy, Last time, I was there,
Different, Haystack Rock..
http://www.phantompilots.com/members/energy-guy.39225/
It was so windy at the light houses, I was to scared to try, and didn't know legally if I could or not.
Actually, lack of experience, but I do recall with my experience now. (IT WAS TO WINDY)

Flying in National Parks is a no, without permission.

Historical Parks, don't know, same meaning, different term?

If it not a National park, and there is no sign, fly and film, that's why you bought it.

Of Coarse, always think of the, what if I loose control...

Keep us updated..

Rod

Reactions: mdowney58
Sorry, didn't view the video yet (home computer to slow). Got a picture of the sign or where it is posted? Is the sign 150 meters from the rock.

The sign is in the video i posted and it's just temporary put there by the officer when they are at the haystack rock. The 150 meter rule is verbally mentioned to me by one of the officer.

Wow, this is getting weird. Looks like the drone is cutting it way through the red tape.:D

Just funny that a rock can be a park, and a rock can have a no fly zone around it.

Lighthouse's would be scary, I don't think I would try it with permission. I guess it be Dusk or Dawn or none.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1