On the same subject....FPV goggles

Reaction score
While I try to figure out the FPV signal strength situation, I noticed on these new dominator V3 goggles that the optical view is smaller than I expected. I've heard good things about the dominator V3 by fat shark, but I've also heard some good things about others. I definitely cannot afford Zeiss cinemizers either. Not yet at least. Anybody got any experience or feedback or FPV brand opinions on this I'd appreciate it. Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
FPV is a bit of an issue as theoretically you cant use them as the rules state you should be able to see your Phantom line of sight when flying it so wearing FPV goggles you cant. So i have just opted for a single eye viewfinder in the way of the new on the market Vufine go on uTube and have a look if you have the ability to do camera eye (looking through a viewfinder while keeping the other eye open to see both views) i think these a brilliant. This was a successful kickstarter protect

You can fulfill the line of sight requirement with an observer. As long as they keep the drone is sight you can be wearing FPV goggles. If another manned aircraft were to approach you can remove the goggles to remain clear of the aircraft. Of course you must stay below 400' and at this altitude you should not have any manned aircraft, but the line of sight requirement remains just in case.

If you have not already done so, and you are flying a drone, be sure to visit the knowbeforeyoufly.org website.

Yes that is correct using an observer so you can safely fly FPV but seeing as i don't have one of those to hand i cant do that, so the compromise for me has to be the Vufine single eye monitor. The 400 ft safety limit has to be viewed with some cation as Helicopters and micro-lights do go below that 400ft mark but then when flying a drone you should always be aware of your surroundings and be vigilant of what is all around you constantly scanning the sky. Unfortunately there are the Muppets out there that seem hell bent on fly in dangerous situations near airports etc but unfortunately in life there are rules and there will always be people who blatantly ignore them just see what happens if you drive down the motor way at exactly 70mph o_O

Thanks for the link to that website this should perhaps be a booklet with all drone purchases:)

This is true and my intent. Having the goggles gives maximum FPV experience... now with multiple video out capacity, more than one viewer at a time can be accommodated. I did check out the Vufine 007sonic. I like the concept on this.

Here where I'm at farmers still use gyros to locate cattle and check their farmland. They are well below 400' AGL and bare watching.

My kids have racing drones as that is getting popular even here so dad here doesn't like to get left out and not use all this wide open space we have.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers