On the go charging

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently got my DJI P3 std. I was wondering if there's is a way to charge the battery on the go with a portable charger that is USB output (using an adapter). I know getting another battery will be helpful and is something I will do but they are expensive and I feel the portable charger will help. Any advice or ideas will be appreciated.

Lewis W

Are you referring to the aircraft battery?
Personally never had to do it but others report using Inverters (200-300 watt) and their car batteries.

Welcome to the Forum!
Um, to charge the Phantom Batteries?

You can get a car charger, I would stick with DJI brand.
But just recently I figured out a problem using my inverter in my 07 Yukon, So for the past 9 years I thought it was the inverter. 5 Cig outlets, none of them would power up a 200 watt inverter with out the thing squealing at you and would turn off every time you started the rig.
Worked fine if you weren't charging anything.:rolleyes:
Works Great Now!

Reactions: N017RW
So here is what I did, I cut a hole in the plastic and tapped into the power that feeds the motor for rear power door. Got 2 USB jacks, 1 Cig jack, works great!. I think I will use some Velcro and find a place to stick the inverter
. IMG_6973.JPG IMG_6972.JPG

12v chargers with a converter for the DJI battery are cheap and work great. $16 or so on Amazon.

I've never figured out why one would want to charge a DC battery from an automotive DC system by putting in a 120V inverter in the middle and then changing it back to 17v DC.

SB

Yes I agree, but when I priced out a DJI car charger it was in the $80.00 range. I made my own for the 12 volt Phantom 2.
I also use the inverter to charge batteries for Dewalt products, police scanner, laptop, Marco-polo tracker, etc. I can do them all at the same time.:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers