On Off switch... to keep from shocking the electronics

Reaction score
The battery connections aren't real easy to work with and I'm wondering who has a great idea for an on/off switch.

It would be nice to be plugged in but not turned on.
I feel like I'm fiddling around before I fly and would much rather set the FC40 down, flip a switch and wait for green lights.

Thoughts, ideas?

I heard a lot of people say it's a bad idea, but I think all you'd have to do really is cut one of your cables (pos if you're an engineer, neg if you're a technician lol) , wire in a toggle switch, and maybe cut out a spot on the battery tray to mount it. You might have to use extra wire (18AWG), but it should work in theory. Just make sure your switch is in the closed position (on) before charging or you'll have a bad time. Also, test the resistance through the switch to make sure it's not too high or it could cause issues as well. I think the main issue would be slight power loss due to the resistance of the switch itself. I'd double check with someone else before going for it though as there might be something I'm missing as I'm still a newbie electronics tech.

Interesting thoughts. I've got some switches laying around.
Don't think I would use a toggle though. A horsefly might hit it and switch it off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers