On fence: Litchi or AutoPilot?

As the Autopilot dev said, it costs money and time to develop these features so I imagine it'll be something they get onto if people want it. I'll pay the $4.99 for zipline and if they added multi point for another $1.99 etc I'd also buy that.

I imagine both dev's will be aping each others apps as time goes on (this is a good thing IMHO).

I have both IOS and Android and picked Litchi. Autopilot's zipline feature only allows 2 point cable cam. Litchi is full fledged ground station. you can use it as a multipoint cable cam or long distance automated flight planner

Your a star.

Also another quick question;
I use ipad mini 2 wifi+cell and my Note 4.

Can I use Autopilot on ipad and litchi on my note 4?

Thank you
I have zero experience with AutoPilot so cant speak for them. However since Litchi runs on stock DJI firmware I would say if Autopilot can do the same you should be golden.
What are the restrictions ?Distance ? Hight ?(android)
For litchi on android max height is 6000metres lol none of that 500m dji crap

Reactions: Dragonfly2016
Autopilot will get ground station features. They re working on it. I've been real impressed how fast they implemented changes in their beta app. I bet they will have more features soon.

I don't think exist an application as complete and fully featured like litchi around. Anyway the choice is obliged if you use IOS or Android

So, wow, both of these look so good. I take it they both work with the Phantom 3 Pro? It looks like neither require a special firmware. Any reviews that compare the two and or that discuss the stability of the code for both?

I have been flying alpha Litchi for about a month on a Nexus 7 ii. The stability has been excellent, both in terms of video feed integrity and app crashing. Specifically, I've only had the app lock up once and that was associated with the change to firmware 1.3.2. The developer/tester group is very active, and questions about the app get answered very fast, typically within an hour or so. By contrast, when I was using DJI Pilot, the app would crash each flight, then you restart and so on.

The features that they already have are very impressive, and actually pretty easy to learn. You can plan flights, including where you film and where you take pictures, sitting in chair at home.

I was always jealous of how the iPad guys would talk about buttery smooth images, to the point that I was about to buy an iPad, but I've become such a fan of the Litchi work that I'm pretty doubtful that I'd make the switch now. Incidentally, when you execute a sweeping turn around a point of interest (POI) using the ground station (GS) with waypoints, Litchi makes your video look like a freaking movie.

All this being said, each time DJI switches the SDK or firmware it takes time for the app communities (Apple or Android) to figure out all of the new glitches that arise, so I'm always trying to figure out what people are saying about bugs when the revisions come out.

Reactions: SENC

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj