On a pole on a rock, far from where many can see it...

Reaction score
...Is a Flag!

1.jpg

A closer inspection revealed that whoever put it there even went to the trouble of installing a solar panel, battery, and light so that it is illuminated after dark...

That is such an awesome picture would you share the location?

Certainly, it is off the coast of Southeastern Connecticut. I was told that a group of locals tend to the flag regularly and replace it as it begins to fray.

lovely pic
wish i had it in me to fly over water but it will come in time

I do the majority of my flying over the water for two reasons. I do not have to worry about flying over people/property that could be injured/damaged if my copter fell from the sky, and the coastal settings are by far the most interesting of what my surroundings have to offer.

As far as having the 'nerve' for over water flying, I understand. It is a risk, in that a crash could result in an inability to recover the copter, but that's pretty much it. A fall from 100' - 400' into the water or onto land will pretty much be fatal to the copter regardless. Either way, my system and I have great faith in each other, and I like to think that I am a very careful pilot. More importantly though, if I cannot do things like this with my copter - and experience the enjoyment that I do - then this is not the hobby for me. So, I do them, and the good old P4 has not let me down so far...

Reactions: uavflyr

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj