Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

OMG, what should I do, keep or return

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Hovtech, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Hovtech

Since I got my P2V about 7 days ago from Amazon, they are allowing me to return it for full refund. Now Vision+ is $100 more plus a battery for $160. I imagine I will have to return the free battery. So net, a new Vision+ will cost me around $280 (some postage) more than my current model. Do you think the Vision+ is worth that extra. I look for your expert opinions.

2. Madwak

If you are wanting to use it mainly for video then a better gimbal is an absolute must so return it while you have the chance as the P2V+ is streets ahead. If you are wanting to use it as a flying toy with a decent stills camera then stick with the P2V. I would still be tempted to return it though and wait a little while to pick up a lightly used second hand one at a much lower price.

3. Jayson Hanes

I got mine 10 days ago.. same situation.. however, it is only $100 more for the P2V+ and then only an extra $69 for the 2nd battery from dji's store.. so it's only $169 more... I think I may be returning mine to do it.. but being without for a couple weeks sure will suck..

and yes, it is completely worth it.. more FPV range.. the 3 axis gimbal.. nearly identical flight times.. it's really a no-brainer. I think the current camera is plenty "good enough" for my needs or desires and I don't care about upgrading from there to a goPro-anything...

4. yawnalot29

I am returning my to B&H, but it'll cost me to pay my own shipping to return.

So..

$100 for the new P2V+
    $160 for new battery
    $30 for shipping to return

So I guess it's around $300 for me to upgrade to P2V+

5. Jayson Hanes

It's only $1389 with the 2nd battery from DJI... so return shipping to send yours back and then only +$169.. $100 less than your math... http://store.dji.com/buy/phantom-2-visi ... ra-battery (ok they charge +$20 for shipping)

6. BenDronePilot

No Brainer, if you just got the P2V and have the option of changing out to the P2V+ it's a no brainer. Exchange for the P2V+. Their both going to be gimped anyway with the new firmware, so may as well at least have a more stable camera and further extended range out of the box.

7. Drone-Outlaw

YES

After you see the before & after of the video recording difference, is worth it alone IMO. But factor in the extended range.... If I had your situation I would do it in a second. I'm trying to pay someone extra $$ to sell me there aftermarket Gimbel....
    Moose

8. Gizmo3000

For anyone who has the option to return or exchange their Vision's - DO IT.

there's no comparing 3-axis stabilization to the non-stabilized standard Vision crap (which is only good for taking stills IMHO)

9. david_a

returned! had just received the phantom vision 2 on Monday, was putting it together last night and looking up some details and lo and behold there's a vision + that just popped up out of nowhere... cringe, teeth nash and minimal contemplation, returned and ordered up the +, wait a couple more weeks for a better overall experience... thinking it's worth it.

10. jimdenburg

I would return it and wait like 4 months for the P3V:) it'll probably have a better camera than the P2V+

11. BlackTracer

This is the math for me. Already returned and refunded. $1299(new plus) - $1054(amazon refund) +$50(shipping back to amazon) - $145(value of free battery promo) = $150 net cost of p2v+ upgrade for me. No brainer!!

12. Hovtech

Well Amazon got mine back today. Will let you know how long it takes for the refund. There are a lot of advantages in dealing with Amazon.

13. BlackTracer

I responded to your other query in another thread about this!!!