Older model propellers

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been flying a phantom for just a few days.
On my first flight I damaged a propeller. Immediately, because I'm off to a shoot with the aircraft, I ordered a set of propellers and a propeller guard so they would arrive on time to have spares just in case.
I got the lot but discover the propellers are a different shape and slightly smaller (curvy, rather than having that angular edge near the axis.

The question is:

I have a complete set of the older ones. Can I fly the Phamtom 2 + gimbal +go pro with them? Safely? accurately?

Are the guards different for the Phantom 1 or for the different set of propellers?

(errr... Yep, I thought the same thing... Dumbo's back!)

Thank you very much.

You can certainly fly with those 8" props, they're the stock model from the 1st-gen Phantoms (the self-tightening version didn't arrive until just before the P2 was released).

You'll probably find they give you nice stable flight overall, but you'll also see a hit to your flight time, maybe as much as 15-20%. The P2 prop guards (for the 9.4" props you meant to get) will work fine with the 8" props for now.

If you can get by with the 8" ones for a few weeks before ordering the bigger ones, DJI is just about to finalize and release an updated version of the 9.4" blade that's intended to provide better stability when descending.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4