Old style iPad 2 and the dji app

Reaction score
Hi I got a old style iPad 2 that I have repaired thought it would be good to use with my phantom 3 advanced the app as loaded up ok and the iPad is running the latest iOS update but I can't get the iPad to connect with the aircraft can anyone tell me if its to much of a old iPad etc or is there something I can do I tried swapping the sub lead etc but still does not connect to aircraft any help please

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No it's too old and slow to work correctly. I use a iPad mini 2 and it's the bare minimum for iPads. A7 processor or higher...the iPad 2 uses a A5 processor...

Tommo4316, you can find a list of recommended and commonly used devices here.

I have an older iPad 4gen (model MD942LL/A). It works fine in all aspects with DJI GO app, however, now that I'm using Litchi app I'm having serious degradation & lag on the video feed.
It is only a wifi model with no Cell service but it's been working great so far.
Specs:
09c66cd90350ead922f6cd976b75fe9e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies most helpful I'll look at getting a later model iPad shortly [emoji106][emoji106]

Or
Revert app to a version supported my older iOS iPads.
Tons of threads about it!

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
msinger, I dont see Samsung Galaxy 7/edge on that list.... will it work for DJI Go? I was planning to get SG 7 phone.

I dont see Samsung Galaxy 7/edge on that list.... will it work for DJI Go?
I haven't tried it. If the specs match another device from my list, it'll probably work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj