Old motors

Reaction score
I have the old motors and shell. I bought this about 40 days ago. The seller said I can return it for a refund, then I could get the updated version.

Should I mess with it? Everything works fine btw.

Sent from Kansas City, home of the Royals, land of the Chiefs.

It's really your call. If you think the newer version is going to be beneficial, then go for it. Personally, I'd stick with what you have if all is working well. There is really no benefit to trading yours in for the updated version.

Reactions: Sinisalo
I have the old motors and shell. I bought this about 40 days ago. The seller said I can return it for a refund, then I could get the updated version.
Should I mess with it? Everything works fine btw.
Everything is working fine? I'd suggest then, that there's no reason to exchange.
You'll find dozens of threads here debating new/old motors including a lot of uninformed material.
Here's a post from someone that can explain what (little) difference it really makes.
New or old motors phantom 3

Reactions: Sinisalo
if what you have works and your pictures are in focus I would keep it. I believe there is a batch with bad lenses (not just incorrectly focused) and if you run into that problem you will regret taking the working one back.

Old motor Model has more Power Output (up to 20%) in terms of signal transmission than new model.

see here: New or old motors phantom 3
20% more signal that's not right at all. How do you figure that? I can't and I've owned both. More power? Yes. Quicker? Yes. More heat to the battery? Yes. More likely to damage battery in cold or hot weather? Yes. Do to more amp draw. No signal diffrents.

20% more signal that's not right at all. How do you figure that? I can't and I've owned both. More power? Yes. Quicker? Yes. More heat to the battery? Yes. More likely to damage battery in cold or hot weather? Yes. Do to more amp draw. No signal diffrents.

FCC ID SS3-WM3231501

FCC ID SS3-WM3221503 by SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD for Phantom 3 Professional output wattage .729 - April 2015
FCC ID SS3-WM3221507 by SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD for Phantom 3 Professional output wattage .63 - July 2015
FCC ID SS3-WM3221510 by SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD for Phantom 3 Professional output wattage .55 - November 2015

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik