Old Man Learning

xstatic said:
The tutorials don't cover this BS. This is an improper mesh between hardware and software. I have seen the tutorials and read the manuals. But coming up with an upgrade that doesn't allow you to calibrate. It happens to many people and those software people in China or whoever are not fully testing the product. I don't mean to be nasty but this is really not professional of them to leave the user with useless files that do not work. Brand new copter, and it rendered it useless with a calibration. They have to do better before releasing. I am disappointed in their software. This never happens with a Sony product! The manufacturer is in total denial of any product products. They never come out with statements that they know there is a problem for some. We are working on it...stay tuned, or for now do this. NO releases from them in that manner. Many agree with me.

So I am at a point that I know if I have to recalibrate....hell again.
Don't forget folks, tell me if you upgraded the PMU. Aftraid to do it.

Until you get some satisfacion from DJI or from somewhere, I guess you will just have fly your Phantom in the Attitude Mode.

You have a bad attitude. See your last post!!!! hehehehehe (That was a joke....get it....never mind)

xstatic said:
You have a bad attitude. See your last post!!!! hehehehehe (That was a joke....get it....never mind)

All your problems seem to be with the GPS Mode. I am having problems there too, but I can still fly my Phantom in Attitude Mode. The Phantom excels in Attitude Mode. Someone who has never flown a multirotor aircraft before, will have very little trouble flying this machine. ;)

What a nightmare here, reading about all the configuration problems and I don't even have my new Phantom yet.
I have links to older versions of software/firmware that I'll be using to be compatible with the firmware version as ships with mine. NO way am I going to upgrade to 4.0. Too many bugs, as being reported by owners.
BIG TIME QUESTION that my seller can't even answer, how do you determine the version of software on your Phantom? Some tell me to look at the info tab. But most guys can't get past the UPGRADE message that keeps popping up and not allowing them to see the info tab.
I've watched Collen's tutorials until I'm blue in the face, but in the release notes it says "For safety reason, do not use power battery during firmware upgrade." So, in simple terms, IF I can determine the firmware version, I'll download it's associated software to run an IMU calibration. BUT, during the IMU calibration time period, which might take several minutes, are you guys using the Phantom lipo battery....or??

Hey, forget that bad Chinese - English translation. Real meaning is "For safety reason, do not user a battery powered computer during firmware upgrade...". You don't want your computer go off while firmware is being written on phantom memory :eek:

And related to how to know the FW version in your phantom ?, just install an older Naza Assistant and checkit... (older version were not imperative to upgrade), so you can navigate the tabs for checking values. The advise is, if you'll upgrade, must use most recent Naza Assistant. i.e. Naza Asistant 2.12 is OK.

Here you can download any Naza Asistant Installer from my website:

http://www.pctechsoft.com/downloads/phantom_archives/DJI-LINKS.htm

jumanoc said:
Hey, forget that bad Chinese - English translation. Real meaning is "For safety reason, do not user a battery powered computer during firmware upgrade...". You don't want your computer go off while firmware is being written on phantom memory :eek:

And related to how to know the FW version in your phantom ?, just install an older Naza Assistant and checkit... (older version were not imperative to upgrade), so you can navigate the tabs for checking values. The advise is, if you'll upgrade, must use most recent Naza Assistant. i.e. Naza Asistant 2.12 is OK.

Here you can download any Naza Asistant Installer from my website:

http://www.pctechsoft.com/downloads/phantom_archives/DJI-LINKS.htm
That clears that up for me! THANK YOU sir!

Jim

ChrisMohrSr said:
xstatic said:

All your problems seem to be with the GPS Mode. I am having problems there too, but I can still fly my Phantom in Attitude Mode. The Phantom excels in Attitude Mode. Someone who has never flown a multirotor aircraft before, will have very little trouble flying this machine. ;)

Am I right in saying that the basic difference between Attitude Mode & GPS is that you cannot hover by simply taking your hands off the controls but need to adjust the right stick a bit more to maintain position? I can use GPS but want to learn how to fly the Phantom well In Attitude Mode.

Just a simple TIP, worked for my GPS error[27] / error [29] and Compass crazy values:

I moved to another location in my house with a Laptop. Installed Naza Assistant and did Advanced IMU calibration. After doing that, went outside and did Compass 360° dance,... GPS errors dissapeared and compass values went great near 1200 (never got under 9.000-11.000 after upgrade). Looks like in the area where main computer is, there are some magnetic or any other interference with GPS / Compass.

fly-catchers said:
ChrisMohrSr said:
xstatic said:

Am I right in saying that the basic difference between Attitude Mode & GPS is that you cannot hover by simply taking your hands off the controls but need to adjust the right stick a bit more to maintain position? I can use GPS but want to learn how to fly the Phantom well In Attitude Mode.

I am just learning to really fly my Phantom and I just came back from outside where I went through my battery just practicing taking off, landing and hovering. I am still having trouble with my Compass Calibration, but today I could see no real difference between GPS Mode and Attitude Mode. In both modes the aircraft would hover with a slight drift when I took my hands off the sticks.

The real challenge will come when trying to fly in Manual Mode. As I understand it, in Manual Mode there is no aid from any of the fantastic electronic controls that the Phantom offers. The only correction to any maneuvers you make you must do yourself without any help from the Phantom. :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31