Old Fart Fliers.

And to any who served in any conflict in any area, I sincerely thank you .... Well, as long as you were on "our side" or are on it now, that is
Thanks for the reply Ezookiel, yes mate I was on your side;).
Just been informed my P3P is being shipped on Friday, I just pray that they are as easy to operate/fly as people say they are.
Thanks again, have a great day..

Have you flown any other quadcopters?
If you've flown the little palm sized toy ones, these are about 1000 times easier to fly than those.
You'll have no trouble what-so-ever

Reactions: Russ
im 34 and buying all the toys i wanted as a little kid lol

same here I'm 55 and just as you I'm buying all the toys i also wanted as a kid
when will we start to enjoy these things...at least we caught up with technology
hoooray......p3p fliers.....its a wonderful world...God is good

Reactions: snerd
Have you flown any other quadcopters?
If you've flown the little palm sized toy ones, these are about 1000 times easier to fly than those.
You'll have no trouble what-so-ever
I have flown the small palm sized helicopters, although I did not find them easy to fly, so as you say I should be okay with the P3P, I will just take things easy, a first.
One other quick question, I have never seen anywhere, mentioned, how long the battery on the controller will last, for example if I have three batteries and therefore a combined flight time of around one hour, will the controller, still have battery life left in it, after one hour..

3 months ago I was told I had 2 years to live. I have terminal cancer and it has spread to my spine and that is the bomb. It was fine when it was just in the prostate but now ....??? I am 62 years old.

In looking for something I could do while sitting I came upon this hobby and ended up buying the phantom 3 pro. Upon my departure it, along with all it's accessories will go to my grandson and he is now cheering for the day I go, so maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all.

Anyway just wanted to say hi and tell you that I am joining the club.

Oh, BTW: today I am going to try 3D photography with the phantom. I have been taking 3D photos for over 10 years so this should be interesting. If you have a smart 3D TV let me know and I will send you an .MPO file so you could see what Phantom can create. Should be interesting.

Gord: Email [email protected]

Reactions: snerd
I have flown the small palm sized helicopters, although I did not find them easy to fly, so as you say I should be okay with the P3P, I will just take things easy, a first.
One other quick question, I have never seen anywhere, mentioned, how long the battery on the controller will last, for example if I have three batteries and therefore a combined flight time of around one hour, will the controller, still have battery life left in it, after one hour..

Very likely. I've had my screen barely last the hour, but the rechargeable version of the controller hasn't ever gone below about 3 of the 4 bars. They seem to have way more juice than they need.
At least in the non vision version of the P2, which doesn't bear much resemblance to the P3's, so it could be very different with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 months ago I was told I had 2 years to live. I have terminal cancer and it has spread to my spine and that is the bomb. It was fine when it was just in the prostate but now ....??? I am 62 years old.

In looking for something I could do while sitting I came upon this hobby and ended up buying the phantom 3 pro. Upon my departure it, along with all it's accessories will go to my grandson and he is now cheering for the day I go, so maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all.

Anyway just wanted to say hi and tell you that I am joining the club.

Oh, BTW: today I am going to try 3D photography with the phantom. I have been taking 3D photos for over 10 years so this should be interesting. If you have a smart 3D TV let me know and I will send you an .MPO file so you could see what Phantom can create. Should be interesting.

Gord: Email [email protected]

Best of luck partner...... Keep flying and fighting.... Welcome to the Phantom brotherhood.

Best of luck partner...... Keep flying and fighting.... Welcome to the Phantom brotherhood.
Ditto here, my Mom died from masticisized breast cancer in '94. It's a horrible disease, but new treatments might have saved her today.

Stay positive and make some great shots.

Best wishes from an Old Fart Flier!

How many old fart fliers out there enjoying the new technology or are you missing the control line days. LOL :cool:
BTW I'm only 68
63 in July. Love my P3 was a good replacement for the P2, Now have two toys fly.

Phantom 3 Professional and back pack arrived this morning, I am a very happy Chappy, all I have to do now is take it for its maiden flight, I am a little apprehensive, but I shall take my time.

Nice sunny day today with very little wind, found a nice big field and took her out for a trial flight, I found she handled very well and quite easy to fly, only flew for around 10 minutes, the only thing I found slightly confusing was when the nose was facing me, which made the controls work in reverse, but I suppose, that will come with experience, even the video was okay, even though I had forgotten to take off the piece of cellophane, that DJI cover the lens with for packaging..

so being an old fart flyer. Got my folding chair at harbor freight so I don't have to stand then decided to put my tablet on a tripod and wow it's great. BTW two back surgeries hence the chair at times. Cheapo tripod walmart.
tripod mount.jpg

Reactions: Jeff48920
Hello,
Yes, that was cool.
Welcome to the forum.
You make quite an entrance...
Enjoy your time, well spent in here.

RedHotPoker

Just finished the entire thread, makes me very nostalgic! I'm 61 and have always loved photography. Have major nerve problems in my feet now and can't make the hikes to the areas I like to photograph, so I thought I'd give this a try. Bought a little Hubsan 107C to see if I could fly one, was hooked and saw the P3P coming out so placed my order. I had no idea how much fun they would be just to fly! Some more practice and I'll be ready to look into the photo side of it.

Thanks to all the Vets on here, especially those of you that served in harm's way. I'm a 20 year Navy vet, but never had to dodge a bullet.

I don't post much but learn from reading. By the way, I had one of those TI-99's with 16k RAM and cassette drive. That got me hooked on computers.

Loved the whole experience so far and looking forward to many more!

Reactions: Russ and Jeff48920
Just finished the entire thread, makes me very nostalgic! I'm 61 and have always loved photography. Have major nerve problems in my feet now and can't make the hikes to the areas I like to photograph, so I thought I'd give this a try. Bought a little Hubsan 107C to see if I could fly one, was hooked and saw the P3P coming out so placed my order. I had no idea how much fun they would be just to fly! Some more practice and I'll be ready to look into the photo side of it.

Thanks to all the Vets on here, especially those of you that served in harm's way. I'm a 20 year Navy vet, but never had to dodge a bullet.

I don't post much but learn from reading. By the way, I had one of those TI-99's with 16k RAM and cassette drive. That got me hooked on computers.

Loved the whole experience so far and looking forward to many more!
Navy Vet too. It's a great group here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20