Old Fart Fliers.

A college teacher here at 54. But, due to a lack of students who think learning electronics is too tuff or not cool anymore, about to retire and be able to do it because of some investment in Apple stock when the price was as low as $14 a share (split 14 time since)...

Science-fiction fan who think that AI, uploading ourself in computers will come a day even if first encounter with computer technology came through punching cards...

Always fascinated by flying and filming. Owned wings before cars since first deltaplane hang glider was paid at 16 by saving on a newspapers delivery run. Becaming daddy, ultralight and electronics teacher about the same time.

Owned a Mitchell wing motorized glider, a Renegade homebuilt biplane and a Calidus German state of the art gyro plane covered with GoPro cams but never really solved the jello problem before DJI Phantom P3P.

and to think using these without GPS, computer guidance or game pads
JM_marbles_01.jpg Or lost a battle with my buddies at my side. Toy Soldiers.jpg

Reactions: Fplvert
Yep, still got some of my marbles, lol, Seadog.

Was more into creepy crawlers than GI Joe. Great thread BTW!

Thanks for your Service, Happy Memorial Day!

Reactions: Jeff48920
I am 69 and an avid Phantom flier and video producer. Back in the day, (1970's) my friend and I really tried to make a large RC plane that could carry a video camera and down link it to the ground for recording. With the technology of the time we were never successful. Now just get a Phantom and go fly. Smile

p.s. don't miss controlling with a string and love having the copter just hover when you center the controls.

the most fun was to approach just over the treetops at .9 mach and watch the guys on the ground when that extreme noise hit them. better than shooting at them - that sukka was loud

My bunk was just about under the third wire. Sometimes sucked trying to sleep. Use to love to watch them catapult off the deck at night. what a site.
img022.jpg img027.jpg

This is the BEST thread I've seen on any forum.......no bitching, whining, crying, selfishness or trolls...thanks fellas for your input and sharing your memories.....and to think we're all connected via a flying camera!!!!
My thoughts exactly and yes it's cool being connected by our hobby.

Just turned 66 here and just ordered my very first Phantom the P3P and cannot wait for it to be shipped, I believe they are easy to operate/fly, I am from a military background, 24yrs with the British Army, so I think I have plenty of common sense. Can anyone tell me the best video editing software, I have Premier Pro CS6, but never used it, thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Reactions: Jeff48920
Just turned 66 here and just ordered my very first Phantom the P3P and cannot wait for it to be shipped, I believe they are easy to operate/fly, I am from a military background, 24yrs with the British Army, so I think I have plenty of common sense. Can anyone tell me the best video editing software, I have Premier Pro CS6, but never used it, thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Learn to use it it's all you ever need.

...I have Premier Pro CS6, but never used it, thanks for any help you guys can give me.

You have one heck of a learning curve ahead of you, but persevere - it's very very capable.
The tutorial videos are your friend, use them. They make it easy. If they don't cover something then search YouTube and you'll probably find it. I just had to freeze my video on a frame the other day, and wouldn't have been 6-7 minutes from having the need, to having it done, all from a quick search and look at an online vid showing how.

And to any who served in any conflict in any area, I sincerely thank you .... Well, as long as you were on "our side" or are on it now, that is [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just turned 18 early this May...not sure what age defines one as an "old fart". Most of my work has been online with producing content for YouTube and marketing different brands across different social media networks. Just ordered my P3P and ow I've been researching as much as I can to learn about it before it arrives. My dad has had a passion for aviation his whole life. He grew up with aircraft related hobbies and now works for Boeing. Anyways, I'm excited to get into this community of quad pilots.

Reactions: Russ

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31