Old Fart Fliers.

61 going on 16...
Oh you can always tether your quads if you desire...

How fast can You fly though?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Jeff48920
I shall be 64 on 4th of July, and it is so nice to have you guys on the other side of The Pond celebrate my birthday with me. :)

I tried flying fixed wing aircraft. I bought a styrofoam powered glider with a 30" wingspan rated 8 years and upwards and after crashing it 3 times in succession, came in to the house, went online and ordered a Phantom. I haven't looked back since.

I remember when McDonald's used styrofoam instead of cardboard.

I flew in the back seat of a Phantom back in the 70's and 80's. The RF-4C was stuffed with cameras and sensors. When we went on a missions, if the INS navigation system was within 7 miles, they didn't bother to calibrate it. My how things have changed.
64 and flying the P2V+ now. Nice to see another old recce guy. 16TRS at Shaw, 14TRS at Udorn, 12TRS at Bergstrom, AA 29 years and now happily flying a great camera platform.

61 going on 16...
Oh you can always tether your quads if you desire...

How fast can You fly though?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

RedHotPoker
LOL
52 here, and that video reminds me of the u-control daze I would get waiting for that little Cox motor to run out of gas.

Once, while flying one at a school, I inadvertently wandered too close to their flag pole and lost a wing. The sucker just kept going and going around!:eek:

Probably break a hip trying that now. Just kidding, love this hobby.

I'm 50 and have been retired for 11yrs now, and it sucks!

How did you retire at 39, win the lottery?? ;-)

Bored?, Why heck man, find yourself a wonderful hobby to occupy some of your free time. Something like RC flying. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Upstairs 21 years old downstairs 62 years old .... eye sight 120 years old

I don't loose the models anymore.......... its normally my car keys..

my kids are getting me a tracker for them

I drive a Honda jazz (Fit) for our American cousin's) enough said lol

Just because there's snow on the chimney, doesn't mean there is no fire in the hearth down below...

Cheer up old timer, we are with you every step of the way.

Ah, A tracker for my keys? No
But my Phantom 3 Pro' may need a reliable one... ;-)

Must look into that soon.. As the actual Phantom delivery date moves slowly, ever closer to deliverance...

RedHotPoker

akward.jpg
Am I old enough to join? Am I werin a hat?....Wheres my remote?...Are we kin?...Where is my grandson when i need to set my watch?...UPDATE: found the remote and my quadcopter in the fridge...

Last edited:
View attachment 19872 Am I old enough to join? Am I werin a hat?....Wheres my remote?...Are we kin?...Where is my grandson when i need to set my watch?...UPDATE: found the remote and my quadcopter in the fridge...
image.jpg

Good time for IMU calibration!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31