Okie fliers

I live in Chickasha, have about 20 flights on my P3A, always looking for some good ideas :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I live in Yukon, have only 3 flights on my p3s, super noob here.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello to fellow Okies! I don't know ANYONE who flies Phantoms, or any RC planes or helicopters for that matter. I live in Edmond, and retired a couple of years ago and was actually going to take actual helicopter lessons in Denton Texas. But it's very very expensive, and Oklahoma City just doesn't have that many places to build up your hours to get to different levels, so I bought an inexpensive RC Helicopter, and couldn't fly that thing for the life of me. Then I noticed these things called quad copters, and bought an inexpensive one, and I got hooked! Like everyone else, the thought of also being able to take pictures and videos was too much to bare, and that's when I found out about the Phantoms. All of this has been pretty recent, and I haven't purchased a Phantom as of yet. The problem I'm having now, or should I say problems, has been trying to understand all of the terminology, AND trying to find a place to buy one with all of the extra gadgets I want. I know nothing about electronics, and trying to understand all of this is driving me crazy! A lot of the active members on this site are from England and other out of country areas, and it's difficult trying to get answers to questions on these different time zones we are in. Don't get me wrong, the guys I've been conversing with have all been great, but they are all on a different level of knowledge than me. What I need, is to have someone local, that I can meet with, or talk on the phone with, to ask all of the stupid questions I have about which phantom I want to buy, and what extras I need. Most places in the USA seem to just sell the quad copter itself, and I'm looking for a place to buy in a package type deal.
I would really appreciate if my fellow Okies, could help me out by answering some questions, AND I would really appreciate being able to see you fly it. Have you guys started meeting on a regular basis yet? If you would like to meet up at, say a Starbucks, I'll buy! And if you are going to be flying soon, and wouldn't mind if I watched, I'd be more than happy to supply some subway sandwiches and drinks for lunch break. Like I said, I'm retired, so I can meet up, or talk anytime. My cell number in Edmond is 405-593-6166, so please call anytime. I really look forward to talking with you guys, and really looking forward to finely figuring out the Phantom I want. I do know I want the Phantom 2 (non Vision), but not much more than that. Thanks again, Stan

If your retired military tinker AFB has phantom 2 with a gimbal at the exchange for about $496.00. I have two one with a fpv

We need you! I am an OU student, and a member of a product design team. My team and I have come up with a really cool products for DJI Phantoms ,and we need some insight and expert opinions from DJI owners on our ideas.

I wanted to see if there was anyway I could set up an interview in person or over skype with anyone that is willing! Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Help us change the negative perception of drones!‪#‎DroneGamez‬

I'm between Ardmore and Marietta. I have had a F2v I bought off Craigslist for about 2 months. Bought a P4 but UPS lost it and is doing an investigation. I should be able to pick up new P4 on Friday the 16.
Also the FPV on the F2V does not work. Bought a ION air pro wifi and I will try to mount it on the bird. Has anyone had any luck with one of these?

Okie here! Live in Moore.
Have an Autel X-Star Premium and DJI Mavic Pro.
Working on my 107 Cert, hope to take it later this winter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4