Okay, I'll play.. Texas Chief Special Run

Reaction score

A little background, this is a train run that used to go between Houston and Galveston island many years ago. It has since been discontinued but after hurricane Ike blew through in 2008 (which hit Galveston pretty hard) they decided to use it for transporting historical documents out and first responders back in so they did an inaugural run late last year. We heard about it on Facebook so I grabbed my little P34K out to take a short video. Was a bit painful at first because it was very late (45 minutes) so I was constantly flying up to see if I could see anything and then back down to conserve battery. The trip goes through my little town and up to Brenham, TX where it stopped and turned around to go back to Galveston where it resides.

Side note: this was especially cool for my 2&1/2 year old son, who has the same set of Lionel engines from my father running around the top of his room.

Reactions: Spraygun
Galveston has one on the top collections of old trains in the country.
It used to connect up to the Amtrak in Houston,but longer.I sure wish they would get that up and running again.Would be great for us.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy S7

Nice catch. Looked great on the big screen.

Thanks.

AD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik