Ok, upgraded to 1.6 and feel like an idiot....

Reaction score
any reason to not upgrade the RC? everything worked fine on 1.3.2 but i got tired of the nasty red triangle and I glanced at something that said 1.6 fixed the battery voltage issue so i went ahead and did it. only thing left is RC.

also, how do i see my DJI GO version? can't find it for the life of me. haven't updated it in months though.

The DJI GO version is displayed in the "About" section of the DJI GO app.

2.5 is the current version.

Will I have better luck getting back to 1.3.2 or 1.4 if I don't update the RC or the app?

According to DJI, you can only go back to 1.5 after installing 1.6. And, 1.5 is not the best release to use due to the battery issues that have surfaced. I'd stay at 1.6 if I was you.

why can't I downgrade to 1.4 if 1.5 is confirmed defective by Dji?

this is making me mad. I HATE v1.6 and its dumbed down flight characteristics

I only tried v1.6 because the official release notes said 1.6 can be downgraded to 1.5 and 1.5 said I could downgrade to 1.4

yeah, not if you didn't know better and dji never said anywhere you can only go down one version!

anyone want to buy a phantom 3 advanced with the horrible v1.6? the firmware update knocked $200 off the value in my opinion.

I don't trust dji anymore

I only tried v1.6 because the official release notes said 1.6 can be downgraded to 1.5 and 1.5 said I could downgrade to 1.4

yeah, not if you didn't know better and dji never said anywhere you can only go down one version!

anyone want to buy a phantom 3 advanced with the horrible v1.6? the firmware update knocked $200 off the value in my opinion.

exactly. i wonder if any retailer still has a p3a or p3p from october sitting on the shelves

Agreed. I deeply regret my upgrade from 1.4 to 1.6 (skipping 1.5). My beloved P3 flies like a slug now. My only hope is that in a future firmware they rethink how they are handing power optimization, but I won't hold my breath.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20