OK to fly over people when flying inside buildings?

Reaction score
After studying for the sUAS operators (part 107) test I understand we cannot fly legally over people without a waiver. That is fine for me as I can get the shots I need for work without flying over people anyway. But I've been seeing footage in ads and online where a drone is flying over people. Many of those are taken inside buildings. I am curious if flying over people inside buildings is still legal as the FAA may not consider the space inside buildings as part of it's jurisdiction/airspace and a lot of local jurisdictions haven't made specific laws regarding use of drones yet.

I believe that you are correct. The FAA doesn't consider the insides of building to be part of the National Airspace (NAS) and that's what they have juristiction over. Not sure if anyone has juristriction there! If I want to fly in a garage, warehouse, studio or gymnasium, nobody's business but the building owner. Potential damages or injuries are a different matter - that's a lawyer thing!!

Reactions: Falcon900
I agree with Richard R. FAA has jurisdiction over Airspace. Inside a building is private property. Fly inside all you want. Just make sure the property owner gives permission.

Reactions: Falcon900

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20