Ok time for a reboot

Reaction score
SO . We have new issues with the Phantom and I really need some help please. So after the update. I am losing video feed and connection 500 ft out.
And so today I was flying in Boston at a beach and it went back to its old ways . After resetting everything EVERY FLIGHT meaning....compass IMU..........everything. I took off. Amd immediately it flew full speed backward. .... like EVERY other P3 I have owned. This time no trees so I countered. I shut off GPS that made it fly faster. I then countered every move with a quick reverse . Stabilizing it for about 1 sec. Inching it lower . After a few minutes . I was about 10 ft off the ground and shut off the motors over tall grass. It broke the o ring clamp off camera but that's it.
I need to be able to upload the flight recorder. Because at this point maybe there is something I'm hitting to make it veer off. I don't know but please help .

like every other p3 you owned? How many phantoms have you lost thats showing this same behavior? might be your location thats causing issues

SO . We have new issues with the Phantom and I really need some help please. So after the update. I am losing video feed and connection 500 ft out.
And so today I was flying in Boston at a beach and it went back to its old ways . After resetting everything EVERY FLIGHT meaning....compass IMU..........everything. I took off. Amd immediately it flew full speed backward. .... like EVERY other P3 I have owned. This time no trees so I countered. I shut off GPS that made it fly faster. I then countered every move with a quick reverse . Stabilizing it for about 1 sec. Inching it lower . After a few minutes . I was about 10 ft off the ground and shut off the motors over tall grass. It broke the o ring clamp off camera but that's it.
I need to be able to upload the flight recorder. Because at this point maybe there is something I'm hitting to make it veer off. I don't know but please help .
I remember you. Did you happen to fly this P3 in the rain? BTW, Amazon is still selling the P3, and yes, they are the seller. Either you are the most unlucky person in the P3 community, or you need to re-read the manual. Resetting everything every flight including IMU calibration? Don't do that. When flying with an obstacle such as a tree or building behind the P3 and hitting down on the right stick, don't do that. I give it 24 hours and this thread will be deleted or locked. Good luck.

No . This is a different p3. I'm going to call today and talk to them . There has to be something I'm pushing that makes it take off I. That direction . I'm looking for help not people being a smartass.

No . This is a different p3. I'm going to call today and talk to them . There has to be something I'm pushing that makes it take off I. That direction . I'm looking for help not people being a smartass.

It is weird that you have had this problem on multiple drones - which leads me to believe that you have something going on where you fly that is really interfering with your radio transmission. Have you tried flying in a completely different place? Or are you always flying in your front yard or something?

Now... on the video thing... are you losing signal or actually getting the message that you are "disconnected" - because those are different things (though they both make you lose video).

If it is the disconnected thing... try re-linking your controller. I had a brief experience with this problem after an upgrade (1.2.6) but re-linking the controller seemed to fix it... who knows... maybe it will fix your weird radio issues as well...

as someone else said... you don't need to reset everything every time you fly - in fact (scientific method thinking here) - you're introducing too many variables doing that....

ok since i seem to be a joke and noone believes me i went and videoed the flight log with another phone. now i am uploading it to dropbox..
this the link to the folder
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qrw1l10uqesq539/AABzSmcnTLezOQcsac01HjQna?dl=0
I really cant believe how many holier than thou people there are here. I understand you may think I am a scammer or whatever it is you called me.
But i am a consumer . and I have bought more phantom 3's than most if not all of you that are talking smack.
Ive had only two problems with the drone.
1) every 20 or so flights it flys backwards full speed and crashes into things
2) the dji app disconnects at 500 ft away and will not reconnect. and then crashes.

Funny both of those things are happening here yet i am the scourge of the forum.
[WIKI]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qrw1l10uqesq539/AABzSmcnTLezOQcsac01HjQna?dl=0[/WIKI]

I checked for stick customization. wouldnt it do this macro every time?
I dont have auto take off on.

I.E. the file is still uploading as of 2 pm eastern says 45 minutes left

Looking at the flight log it does seem that there is some uncommanded pitch and roll. As others have said, you shouldn't be performing an imu calibration every flight.

I'm really confused as to what Imu warming up means. I have a friend who told ne 2 crashes ago wait for the IMU warming up message ....to go away. That means it is calibrating. I'm so serious when I twll you inhave changed my flight habits. I'm slow.... deliberate and careful. I can't afford t o lose any more

new bird new controller new everything

I thought I read on one of your other threads that you are waterproofing the circuit board in some way (you said something about how easy it is) - is it possible that in this process you are damaging the board and causing these failures?

The reason people are having a hard time taking you seriously is

1. You have had way more problems than the average person
2. You do fly in some strange conditions (high winds, rain, very close to livestock, very close to tree branches and tall grass)

I think a lot of us, myself included, are curious as to why so much bad luck is befalling one individual... when a great majority of us fly without issues all the time (I have 2 P3P's myself and both operate fine).

Even if you are calibrating your compass only every time - that is overkill... a bad compass calibration can certainly cause weirdness. A warming IMU is totally different than calibrating the IMU - there's a whole function to calibrate it.

I'm really confused as to what Imu warming up means. I have a friend who told ne 2 crashes ago wait for the IMU warming up message ....to go away. That means it is calibrating. I'm so serious when I twll you inhave changed my flight habits. I'm slow.... deliberate and careful. I can't afford t o lose any more
You were flying before the imu warmed up? Wouldn't that be before the green "safe to fly" message came on?

Reactions: Buckaye
Guys come on. Please .
1 the first drone was waterproofed. No other.
2 I always wait for the IMU to warm up. And I can personally twll you the green light comes on first some times
3 I am now flying straight up and hovering for a short time to watch for anomolies.
4 I reset the compass each location
5... I have changed the locations every day. All accidents have happened at different locations.
6 .....each drone was used with the remote it came with.
I realize I was cocky. I realize I was stupid at first. But I am stumped. And need help. U can see the **** thing spinning and flying crazy.
I have nerve damage in my right hand. Perhaps it is something im pressing . How can I fi d out what stick position s were

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj