Ok, Something happened !

I was in sport mode and it seems like on my p4 that sport mode decent and p or gps mode is a world of difference. I wish I could clip the 14 min. Video down to the last 15 and post it here. It isn't rotating but a heck of a lot of buffeting. It could have been the wind caught it just right. It was gusting to 10mph today.
Thanks
Sport mode is in another league altogether, you can 'soften' the effects in your controller through your app, but my experience when flying in that mode and a breeze usually has the drone moving around a lot and you need a lot of airspace to keep it under control. Sounds normal.

Sport mode is in another league altogether, you can 'soften' the effects in your controller through your app, but my experience when flying in that mode and a breeze usually has the drone moving around a lot and you need a lot of airspace to keep it under control. Sounds normal.

I hope so. It was fine the next battery so I will take a small glitch like that over a fly away anyway.

OA is obstical avoidence system
yes it was on . though the drone was facing away from me that may have had something to do with the close up behavior. after viewing the video and the airdata from the flight i think maybe it was just the gimbal going wacko . maybe the drone did not rock back and forth but the gimbal did giving it the illusion .it was far enough away where one would not be able to see those slight movements . the sounds of the props seem to have been different then but after listening droneing of the props for 40 minutes i made be mistaken on what i thought i heard . going out again tonight for another round

unable to post the video only 22 seconds before the gimbal went limp . here's a photo from right before . it really cost me a great video .

Attachments

• DJI_0278.JPG
    DJI_0278.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 216
unable to post the video only 22 seconds before the gimbal went limp . here's a photo from right before . it really cost me a great video .
Well you may have lost the video, but that's one heck of a good photo. That effort would be framed and straight up on the wall if it were mine.

Well you may have lost the video, but that's one heck of a good photo. That effort would be framed and straight up on the wall if it were mine.
Thanks , I do have 22 seconds of video plus several others from this flight . I'll right this up as gimbal limp mode ! A new feature for phantom 4's designed to keep you on your toes .

Reactions: tevek

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl