OK...Let's see your cases when packed!

What did you miss last night?

I have two cases. I am trying to decide which one to take with me next week on a 2 hour flight. I have never traveled with my Phantom before. What would you take?
dronecase.jpg

Reactions: Squirrel!
I would take the backpack so you can keep it with you and not have to worry about it being mishandled/stolen/damaged.

Reactions: flpholt
I would take the backpack so you can keep it with you and not have to worry about it being mishandled/stolen/damaged.
Both cases meet Southwest Airlines carry on requirements. I can't check either one because of the lithium batteries. I like the hard case for protection and extra room, the soft case is smaller and can be worn as a backpack and does not look like I am carrying something expensive....decisions!..lol

I just bought the DJI hard shell backpack case. It just arrived today. What do you guys think of it? Or is there a better case out there?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just bought the DJI hard shell backpack case. It just arrived today. What do you guys think of it? Or is there a better case out there?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Pack it up and post a pic!

And Welcome!

backpack much easier to lug around without looking like something good in it

Reactions: kbtrade
If I was going on a trip in my car, the hardshell. For travel away from home on an airplane, train or bus, I would use the backpack.

Last edited:
Reactions: kbtrade
Sorry, not really a case, my phantom is usually stored in this tote. It is quick and easy to get and ready to fly. It rides quit nice in the back of a Yukon.
Usually the prop guards are installed so there is no stress on the props, this also raises it up, no need to use lens cap or gimbal lock, less stress for me and the gimbal.
Please note, you can't tell by the picture, but this tote has a solid bottom. This way all loose parts can easily be found on the bottom.
The only issues I have with this tote, is you could damage the Phantom if you trip or fall on it, or roll your vehicle while trying to get to that perfect take off point. All three times the insurance adjuster has gave me a hassle about replacing the phantom when a totaled out my vehicle. He told me to buy a solid case the first time. (Just kidding!)

IMG_5556.JPG

Here is my $33 Ebay backpack case all packed minus the iPad mini so I can take the pics. My wife used a screen printer to put the DJI logo on it then we used waterproofer we bought from the shoe aisle at Wallymart. This case has been really good and holds a lot with the extra pockets
d005080bb6bcefef7894f19bae00880c.jpg
f639b9dadc2b4f2143c53b6bee9b2e61.jpg
a26d4e5a1fc8e1c8084268b07b53a49e.jpg
24461d074657c191c66fe01d31dba534.jpg
54c3166dc0625ced71a204fbb463f1cb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice! I like the labels like "Take Gimbal Cover Off" and stuff. And the foam insert/cutout came with it, huh? Nice deal! Do you still have the link?

Yes, came precut...I only had to trim to get remote to fit with the argtek antenna bar/mount then trimmed a little more for the Ipad. Lol i did go label crazy but after I left gimbal guard on once when I did a FW update..I got scared, powered off in middle of update to pull gimbal guard off, messed update up and almost returned it to Best Buy because the super loud beeping would not stop!..it finally stopped after 38min.I wanted to make sure that label was the first thing I saw when I open it. I will find the link and post it for you

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj