Ok, I'll admit it, I flew over houses today

Yes, the Staked Plains don't offer much in the way of sight seeing. The canyon videos are much more interesting full sized, uncompressed, on a desktop, but I I can't just shoot that the rest of my life. We do have a lake and Alibates National Flint Quarries I've been meaning to check out, but I'm at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to subject matter.

I do have one video of me much lower, but Vimeo has it screwed up right now and they are trying to fix it. They should for what I pay them.

Nice video. As to avoiding flying over houses I would say many, probably most, of us don't have access to tens of thousands of acres of open land. Many of us wouldn't be flying at all if we insisted on never flying over a house. Your video is interesting because of the terrain. If the land is flat & tree-covered, it makes for a pretty boring scene.
Exact same way I see it.

I'd have to look, I'm not sure what I have it set to, but I'm using a simple copper Wind Surfer. Never had a loss of signal, lag or even a drop on the status strength bars.
Can you tell me which wind surfers you are using?

and I like these because they fold up, like a clam shell, for easy storage.

It "concentrates" your signal from the TX to the Phantom instead of just having the radio waves shooting off in every direction. This allows for a stronger signal and greater distances. That's the uneducated man's (me) answer anyway.

In my opinion, its the most needed accessory if you plan on violating the FAA rule of flying out of line of sight. :rolleyes:

and I like these because they fold up, like a clam shell, for easy storage.

I've got the same one, and YES, the clamshell folding is nice for storage, not to mention this setup keeps the antennas parallel in use, which is optimal. I have had the aluminum two piece type for a year, they work just as good for range but don't keep the antennas perfectly parallel, they aren't quite as slick as the folding copper type for handling, storage and looks.

I've got the same one, and YES, the clamshell folding is nice for storage, not to mention this setup keeps the antennas parallel in use, which is optimal. I have had the aluminum two piece type for a year, they work just as good for range but don't keep the antennas perfectly parallel, they aren't quite as slick as the folding copper type for handling, storage and looks.

I do believe your are the one who recommended them to me, John. Big thanks!

I have similar ones and they do work pretty well. For the price, you can't beat the bang for buck factor.

Consider me a violator. If you're going to limit yourself to the few hundred yards you can see a Phantom why not buy a nano-quad & fly in the living room? It's safe & a lot less expensive! :)

In my opinion, its the most needed accessory if you plan on violating the FAA rule of flying out of line of sight. :rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4