Ok I had enough

Sledge said:
So, in considering a larger bird, there are a few non-DJI models that I have now been looking at

- Yuneec HX3 and QX2
- Arris-m680
- Turbo Ace Cinewing
- DJI S800 and S1000

I have a bit of a bad taste in my mouth with DJI support....though, the DJI models have a strong following....and the PV experience has immersed me in their controls/software/framework, so there might be some carry over familiarity to the S800/1000 systems.

What other "RTF" platforms would you guys add to the $4K - $7K range?

Are you asking for that price range because you're determined to spend that much? :D

Remember that the "DJI experience" you've gotten used to and comfortable with will still exist in any platform you get that uses a NAZA or Wookong flight controller (which would be most of the options you're looking at).

Here's a couple of other options in the size class(es) you're looking at, which should keep you well below that target range in your budget:

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/tarot-t810-he ... -1117.html
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/tarot-t960-ar ... -1161.html

Sledge said:
So, in considering a larger bird, there are a few non-DJI models that I have now been looking at

- Yuneec HX3 and QX2
- Arris-m680
- Turbo Ace Cinewing
- DJI S800 and S1000

I have a bit of a bad taste in my mouth with DJI support....though, the DJI models have a strong following....and the PV experience has immersed me in their controls/software/framework, so there might be some carry over familiarity to the S800/1000 systems.

Yuneec says 1hr flight time depending on load - can that be right?

El Rey said:
Sledge said:
- Yuneec HX3 and QX2

And rain safe!

I guess they don't sell anything yet though - will be interesting to see if/when they release something.

El Rey said:
El Rey said:
Sledge said:
- Yuneec HX3 and QX2

And rain safe!

I guess they don't sell anything yet though - will be interesting to see if/when they release something.

Yeah right now it's nothing more than a vapordrone, but we're all anxious to see what the real-world results are. There's been some talk of new battery technology improvements on the near horizon that may factor in to the estimates Yuneec has been advertising, but nothing concrete so far.

Well, I just bit the bullet about an hour ago with Turbo Ace in Ca. I ordered the Cinewing 6HL It was more than I expected but got the craft with all the bells and whistles I wanted for my upcoming shoots. It will take them about a week to put it all together...including a Nex-7 camera balance which they have, so I will not have to ship mine to them for gimbal balancing. Got the DJI A2 for all the little perks..like POV and waypoint flight plans. Now going to have to work like hell to pay for it!
https://0366c3f.netsolstores.com/turboa ... ining.aspx

Well, I just bit the bullet about an hour ago with Turbo Ace in Ca. I ordered the Cinewing 6HL It was more than I expected but got the craft with all the bells and whistles I wanted for my upcoming shoots. It will take them about a week to put it all together...including a Nex-7 camera balance which they have, so I will not have to ship mine to them for gimbal balancing. Got the DJI A2 for all the little perks..like POV and waypoint flight plans. Now going to have to work like hell to pay for it!
https://0366c3f.netsolstores.com/turboa ... ining.aspx

Nice looking!!! Can't wait to see some footage and pics from your new bird/camera

- flight time expected?
- range? (I assume this depends on the TX/RX package u ordered
- retractable gear?
- what FPV option are you going with?
- What was your total price if I may ask?

OI Photography said:
Sledge said:

- Yuneec HX3 and QX2
- Arris-m680
- Turbo Ace Cinewing
- DJI S800 and S1000

Are you asking for that price range because you're determined to spend that much? :D

Remember that the "DJI experience" you've gotten used to and comfortable with will still exist in any platform you get that uses a NAZA or Wookong flight controller (which would be most of the options you're looking at).

Here's a couple of other options in the size class(es) you're looking at, which should keep you well below that target range in your budget:

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/tarot-t810-he ... -1117.html
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/tarot-t960-ar ... -1161.html

Your point on DJI / NAZA makes sense ...Those Tarots are interesting too...it's going to be a tough choice when I do pull the trigger....thanks OI !

Yuneec says 1hr flight time depending on load - can that be right?[/quote]

And rain safe!

I guess they don't sell anything yet though - will be interesting to see if/when they release something.[/quote]

Yeah right now it's nothing more than a vapordrone, but we're all anxious to see what the real-world results are. There's been some talk of new battery technology improvements on the near horizon that may factor in to the estimates Yuneec has been advertising, but nothing concrete so far.[/quote]

Plus, it looks like the HX3 won't transport easily...looks molded one piece.

Now I had more than enough

SHiiiiit Im pist off :twisted:

Her is an update on my first post:

I had enough of this DJI Crap.

I have had mu P2V for 1 and a half month, but out of that it have been for repair for a month, so I have only had around ten days where I actually could fly.
The Problem was I suddenly couldn't connect to the WiFi anymore and at the same time the camera was blurry in the left side.
I have been emailing them (Helipal) hundreds of times (Ok maybe not so many) and they have been nice and answered back every time, it was just very difficult to get them to understand what the problem was.
Anyway I finally got it back yesterday, and was of course eager to try it out.
Wooooohooooo I could connect to the Wifi ----- BUT ONLY A BLACK SCREEN FROM THE CAMERA :twisted:
I tried everything and ended up rebinding the WiFI extender with the Camera and got it to work again (on my desk).
Today I went out for a test flight and shiiiiit Black screen again! Tried everything and ended up taking the power cable out of the camera a couple of times and got it to work again.
After flying one battery and after shifting to a new, same happen again. One more time fiddling with the Power cable and got it to work again, maybe a loose connection or something.

After I got it to work again but had bad weather, I could finally go out today in perfect weather for flying, nearly no wind, sunny and everything. So even if I have bought another Multi-R4 rotor, while I'm waiting for it, I was still keen to get out for a flight.
Went down to the beach, set up everything AND SHIIIIIT back to square one. Phantom out of range (on my mobile, I was standing next to it). Tried everything, restarted everything many times with no luck. I noticed that there was no light back on the camera at all. Try to fiddle with the power connector, which was getting it to work last time, but no luck. When I take the plug out and put it in again there are a red light for a sec. or two, so I know it get power. Back home again and try again but still no luck.
So I had a P2V for nearly to month with about ten days where it have been working. It costed me $85 to send it back to Hong Kong for the repair and now I have to do it again, and wait another month to get it back! Im just so Pissed off, sorry guys for my language here but I can't help it.
I think I will try to see if I can get my money back. But Im pretty sure that I can't.

Klaus said:

I have had mu P2V for 1 and a half month, but out of that it have been for repair for a month, so I have only had around ten days where I actually could fly.
The Problem was I suddenly couldn't connect to the WiFi anymore and at the same time the camera was blurry in the left side.
I have been emailing them (Helipal) hundreds of times (Ok maybe not so many) and they have been nice and answered back every time, it was just very difficult to get them to understand what the problem was.
Wooooohooooo I could connect to the Wifi ----- BUT ONLY A BLACK SCREEN FROM THE CAMERA :twisted:
I tried everything and ended up rebinding the WiFI extender with the Camera and got it to work again (on my desk).
Today I went out for a test flight and shiiiiit Black screen again! Tried everything and ended up taking the power cable out of the camera a couple of times and got it to work again.
After flying one battery and after shifting to a new, same happen again. One more time fiddling with the Power cable and got it to work again, maybe a loose connection or something.

After I got it to work again but had bad weather, I could finally go out today in perfect weather for flying, nearly no wind, sunny and everything. So even if I have bought another Multi-R4 rotor, while I'm waiting for it, I was still keen to get out for a flight.
Went down to the beach, set up everything AND SHIIIIIT back to square one. Phantom out of range (on my mobile, I was standing next to it). Tried everything, restarted everything many times with no luck. I noticed that there was no light back on the camera at all. Try to fiddle with the power connector, which was getting it to work last time, but no luck. When I take the plug out and put it in again there are a red light for a sec. or two, so I know it get power. Back home again and try again but still no luck.
So I had a P2V for nearly to month with about ten days where it have been working. It costed me $85 to send it back to Hong Kong for the repair and now I have to do it again, and wait another month to get it back! Im just so Pissed off, sorry guys for my language here but I can't help it.
I think I will try to see if I can get my money back. But Im pretty sure that I can't.

That sucks man! I made sure to buy through B&H because they have great customer service. Unfortunately I actually did have to send mine back for a camera issue. New one works perfectly though.

Re: Now I had more than enough

Klaus said:

Sincere commiserations. Buying a dud version of something can burn you, put you off a brand for life, and make sure that none of your friends ever buy one either. The only solution in a case like that is excellent customer service - something I hope you receive from your vendor if not from DJI.

Thanks guys.

Yeah I now it's maybe wrong to write like I just did in my previous post because there are nobody to blaim (Is that a English word?) its. just electronic and mechanics. But it's just the feeling after just getting it back from a months repair and the this.... :twisted:

Klaus said:
Thanks guys.

Yeah I now it's maybe wrong to write like I just did in my previous post because there are nobody to blaim (Is that a English word?) its. just electronic and mechanics. But it's just the feeling after just getting it back from a months repair and the this.... :twisted:

I don't think its wrong to write like that at all. You paid a lot of money for the phantom and you have a right to expect it to work properly. There is no point brushing these issues under the carpet as new users and potential buyers have a right to learn from our experience. I would ask for a refund, then a replacement and stand your ground. Its not doing what you bought it to do. This will be a true test of the loyalty of your dealer. I hope they step up to the plate. Last but not least it does you good to vent how you really feel then take a deep breath and work out what the next step is.

Good luck with getting it fixed. If you can't and they won't help you the last option would be to turn it into a test rig to strap whatever takes your fancy to it and work it to death.

Shrimpy

I don't think its wrong to write like that at all. You paid a lot of money for the phantom and you have a right to expect it to work properly. There is no point brushing these issues under the carpet as new users and potential buyers have a right to learn from our experience. I would ask for a refund, then a replacement and stand your ground. Its not doing what you bought it to do. This will be a true test of the loyalty of your dealer. I hope they step up to the plate. Last but not least it does you good to vent how you really feel then take a deep breath and work out what the next step is.

Good luck with getting it fixed. If you can't and they won't help you the last option would be to turn it into a test rig to strap whatever takes your fancy to it and work it to death.

Shrimpy

Thanks Shrimpy.

I have already asked for a refund but haven't heard anything yet.
So let see how loyal they are.

last option would be to turn it into a test rig to strap whatever takes your fancy to it and work it to death.

Ha ha do you think it can lift my wife :lol:

Klaus said:
Finally today Helipal agreed to replace my Phantom.
They will send me one like this:

http://www.helipal.com/djipv-13-dji-phantom-2-vision-craft-only.html

Hope that is better than the first one.
Again it will cost me $85 just to send the old one back. This I the second time so now it have cost me $170 :evil:

That really sucks about the shipping charges. B&H sent me a prepaid shipping label when I sent mine back.

Scottrod said:
Klaus said:

Again it will cost me $85 just to send the old one back. This I the second time so now it have cost me $170 :evil:

That really sucks about the shipping charges. B&H sent me a prepaid shipping label when I sent mine back.

Yeah that would be great, but I don't think they can do that because they are in Hong Kong and I am in New Zealand.
SO I guess you and B&H are both in the States?

Klaus said:
Scottrod said:
Klaus said:

Yeah that would be great, but I don't think they can do that because they are in Hong Kong and I am in New Zealand.
SO I guess you and B&H are both in the States?

Yes. Both in the states.

Update

I thought I would follow up on this one.

Today I got two Emails:

One from Helipal, that they have send the new PV2 and a new controller, so that is good news, hope its better than the First one.

Second Email from Hobby-wing with two Youtube videos of my new Multi Rotor Setup. (which you can see and read about in my first post here).
That is the most crap Videos I have seen for a long time, but ok a least I got to see it working, and the have also send it now which means Im waiting for two Multi Rotors! Im sure if the new one arrives first or at the same time the PV2 will not get much attention :D

You can watch the two Videos they send me here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl_2kbG5GsA&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCs3rx-Wj8E&feature=youtu.be

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav