Ok I had enough

It it using the main camera as FPV, so what you see is exactly what you get.
Yeah I would also like longer flight time but it seems like they all are pretty much the same. And to be able to lift that heavy weight you need some powerful engines which are sucking the batteries, but the are making more and more powerful batteries but they are quite expensive.

I've got my eye on the DJI S1000 in the future. For now though I'm pretty happy with my P2V and works great for my real estate listings.

Pull_Up said:
From DJI Global Facebook:

The S1000 will be out February 24th! Starting at USD5880 for the standard version and USD6199 for the premium. Have you got your order in yet?

4.9 Visions for the standard version... :)

Not sure what the difference is between "Standard" and "Premium" but the pricing there seems to be a bit off from what's being advertised: http://1uas.com/DJI-S1000-Standard

Pull_Up said:

The S1000 will be out February 24th! Starting at USD5880 for the standard version and USD6199 for the premium. Have you got your order in yet?

Good find PullUp! I wasn't sure of the exact release date. Definitely pricey!

OI Photography said:
Pull_Up said:

Not sure what the difference is between "Standard" and "Premium" but the pricing there seems to be a bit off from what's being advertised: http://1uas.com/DJI-S1000-Standard

Wow that is reasonable for the standard. I'm curious how much the premium is and what the differences are....

P.S. If I do get one ill def still keep my Vision. With the lens profile for Photoshop I'm pretty happy with the results.

I am a retired pro photographer with over 35 years in the studio business. I earned my Masters Degree from Professional Photographers of America and was named twice photographer of the year at the Virginia Professional Photographers Assoc. I hold 5 Kodak Gallery Awards plus many other best of shows at the Southeastern Professional Photographers Assoc. I have paid my dues and was one of the first pro studios in the state to go total digital. Back then there were no Photoshop for Dummies, you learned by the seat of your pants. I always delivered a quality product with the best equipment on the market. After my retirement 3 years ago I got totally bored so purchased the Phantom 2 Vision last year. Yes, the Vision camera has its drawbacks and quality issues, but for still photography it is amazing....on large jpeg setting I get great results with gallery wrap prints made to 48"x33" with crisp and sharp detail. I also do video clips for web sites and digital presentations for my old higher end clients. The video from the Vision is not pro quality but good. I have a Sony Nex 7 and it produces tack sharp stills and pro quality video at 24.5 MP. The problem is that I have several shoots coming up that require high end video to be shown to technology clients leasing an energy center space. I am also looking at a larger rig to carry my Nex 7 with all the FPV goodies with full camera control and a 3 axis gyro gimbal, 10" monitor, extra battery, props and some other goodies. When the shoots get on the books in a couple of weeks, I will make the plunge. I got a quote form Wow Hobbies in Ca. where they will assemble the whole thing, test fly it and utilize all the functions. It is a CineWing 6 HL. They will also send me a video of the test flights. All total is is around 10 grand....which is mega bucks..but to deliver the pro quality and charge top rates it is almost a must. If I do purchase it..it will stay at home for a documentary on a 100' sailboat sailing form Grenada to St. Lucia and back for two weeks I have booked in May. It will not go in the sea, nor I after it! Good luck on your new purchase and am sure that your made the right move to a higher level. My best.

Thank you for your professional opinion if the P2V camera for still shots, I have been waiting for someone with your experience to post something as you did! Great post...

MOOSE

Thanks, Moose for your kind reply to my post. I have been doing my homework and after a post that they had trouble from Wow Hobbies.....I have researched the field for Turbo Ace Cinewing 6HL and came up with: http://www.turboace.com/turboacecinewing6.aspx Their prices are about the same as Wow but they are in CA...which makes a big difference to me...They will even accept my Sony Nex-7 and balance it on the craft which is great...the less for me to hassle with.
My question is has anyone used them for purchasing and support. Their track record looks really good with 17 employees....but we can all toot our horns!

OI Photography said:
Honestly if I were looking for something in that size class right now, this is the deal of the century: http://www.firstpersonview.com/quadcopt ... aranis-rtf

Looks like a UK site that's mistakenly showing dollars instead of pounds on all the prices. If they really are selling the P2V for $693, batteries for $89 each, and the S800EVO for $2K, then indeed, the deal of the century.

gmtx said:
OI Photography said:
Honestly if I were looking for something in that size class right now, this is the deal of the century: http://www.firstpersonview.com/quadcopt ... aranis-rtf

Looks like a UK site that's mistakenly showing dollars instead of pounds on all the prices. If they really are selling the P2V for $693, batteries for $89 each, and the S800EVO for $2K, then indeed, the deal of the century.

Yup, that does make a lot more sense :D

Not like I had that much to spend now anyway lol

Re:

gmtx said:
OI Photography said:

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/quadco ... aranis-rtf

Thanks, Moose for your kind reply to my post. I have been doing my homework and after a post that they had trouble from Wow Hobbies.....I have researched the field for Turbo Ace Cinewing 6HL and came up with: http://www.turboace.com/turboacecinewing6.aspx Their prices are about the same as Wow but they are in CA...which makes a big difference to me...They will even accept my Sony Nex-7 and balance it on the craft which is great...the less for me to hassle with.
My question is has anyone used them for purchasing and support. Their track record looks really good with 17 employees....but we can all toot our horns!

That is Wow Hobbies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottrod said:
I've got my eye on the DJI S1000 in the future. For now though I'm pretty happy with my P2V and works great for my real estate listings.

Hi Scott
Yes the photos from the Vison are ok to be viewed on a monitor but not in 100% view or print.
I would like to see some of your Real Estate listings, not for criticism or anything like that, just to see what others are doing and maybe get ideas and so on.
Would you mind to share some links?

Thanks

Shrimpfarmer said:
Good luck with the new platform Klaus. I look forward to seeing how it works out. I hope you don't hop to another forum. What level of community support is available for it?

Good point shrimpy.....I think when I upgrade, In addition to the craft's specs and competencies, I will have to consider a make/model with a strong community base like this forum.....and also a US based dealer to ensure parts and technical assistance availability. I have learned so much invaluable info from the folks here!

Klaus said:
Scottrod said:

Hi Scott
Yes the photos from the Vison are ok to be viewed on a monitor but not in 100% view or print.
I would like to see some of your Real Estate listings, not for criticism or anything like that, just to see what others are doing and maybe get ideas and so on.
Would you mind to share some links?

Thanks

Sure. I don't have any listings up that actually have them right now but here is one that I used it for... This is the original unedited (no lens correction applied) photo.

jy6areqe.jpg

And

qubajama.jpg

They always look better if you take them around mid-day on a sunny day but with the weather we had here I haven't had much luck and haven't been flying much...

nice shots Scott!

So, in considering a larger bird, there are a few non-DJI models that I have now been looking at

- Yuneec HX3 and QX2
- Arris-m680
- Turbo Ace Cinewing
- DJI S800 and S1000

I have a bit of a bad taste in my mouth with DJI support....though, the DJI models have a strong following....and the PV experience has immersed me in their controls/software/framework, so there might be some carry over familiarity to the S800/1000 systems.

What other "RTF" platforms would you guys add to the $4K - $7K range?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl