Ok I give up I need another drone

Is there anywhere I can buy the advanced for $699 ? What my best option is the pro worth the extra money. Seems like alot just for 4K. Especially with the 4 out. Advanced seems perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

$599 on eBay, but looks like you already got one.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Resolution looks the same on both. There are a lot of factors involved. Use the money you save with the advanced and get a couple extra batteries. ;-)
I am a young 37 year old ;)

somebody asked me my age. any way what do you keep your iso on when taking pictures? and whats the best shutter speed.

For you, camera on Auto. Hahaha

Trial and error, season, location, time of day, cloudy. What?

See YouTube for helpful tips too. you can trust this fellow...
DJI Phantom Drone Blog - Tom's Tech Time

RedHotPoker

Reactions: HWCM
You must be true diamond grit? So very course... Haha
How long should it have taken? You being the expert time keeper of all things drone!! ;-)

Welcome the fellow back, instead of the negative ridicule attitude, dude... Don't be crude, with a man that's drone nude... Ha

RedHotPoker
It was a joke...notice the emoji...maybe you don't know what they mean, but he got it[emoji106]

Reactions: Jesse James
OH be good. Hahaha

Notice my smilies and haha's.

Well alrighty then. ;-)

Fly-long and prosper. Ha

RedHotPoker

For you, camera on Auto. Hahaha

Trial and error, season, location, time of day, cloudy. What?

See YouTube for helpful tips too. you can trust this fellow...
DJI Phantom Drone Blog - Tom's Tech Time

RedHotPoker
Hahahah ya no worries I'm a newbie I can take it lol. First pic I took was dark so had to bumb up the iso this was on the first flight. so smooth compared to my old one. By the way

Thankfully, for many, there are very few user adjustable parameters on the Phantom 3 camera controls.

You would most likely be stunned (exaggeration) by the variety of controls on my DSLR, a Nikon D800.
Have a look at this... ;-)
Fav. D800 vid.

RedHotPoker

That camera is real nice. T hanks for showing me that I would like to get one . I guess I'll just play around with the iso. Settings for now.

Sure, buy one, they're great. 36mp. When digital photography was picking up popularity, I was still, of the 35mm film crowd. Changing camps wasn't easy. But thankfully, we are fully converted today. Ha
Just wanted to demonstrate that the Phantom camera has only very few selective options. So, it should be pretty easy to get a decent grasp by your experimenting, and seeing which captures, please your eye. Post a few pics, and ask what others think too. It's nice to get some constructive criticism, from folks who are looking in/on.

RedHotPoker

Is there anywhere I can buy the advanced for $699 ? What my best option is the pro worth the extra money. Seems like alot just for 4K. Especially with the 4 out. Advanced seems perfect.

If you cant afford it then dont buy. dont knock the product.
Get a better job.

In general you want to keep iso as low as possible. I.e., 100. As you increase iOS, the sensor becomes more sensitive to light, so that all else being equal, you can increase the shutter speed to better freeze action without blur. There is, however, a trade off. As you increase iso, your image will get grainier, as the sensor will include more noise in its image data.

So it's a trade off. As low of iso as you can get away with is generally the best answer. Auto will try do that balance for you, but it may not give you the results you want. Trial and error comes next. There is an exposure meter in the camera that you can read as you adjust iso and shutter speed. It is the EV indicator. Simply put, when you set a combination of iso and shutter speed that makes the EV indicator read 0, you should be pretty close to proper exposure. Now, variations in the subject matter can fool meters, so you may still need to tweak from there.

In a couple of paragraphs I have tried to cover a subject that is often a full chapter or more in photography books. I have left out the whole F stop portion of the equation because our Phantom camera have a fixed, not adjustable iris. Google exposure, iso, F-stop, and you will find a wealth of info out there.

Bottom line though is that there is no "best" or "correct" iso or shutter speed. It really depends on how you want the image to turn out that will dictate the settings you need to achieve your goal.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mako79

Me at altronics I'll beat anybody if it's realistic 2604986892

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4