OK, few questions from a newbie

Reaction score
I recently traded a pistol for a DJI Phantom 3 Standard. My first drone and I am loving it and amazed at home easy and smooth it is too fly.
Today I went to power it up for a short flight in my back yard and turned on the controller, and then tried to turn on the drone. Pushed the pwr button once, then again like always, but the drone would just go dark. Did this several times before finally powering up. Battery was fully charged. When doing the battery life check, it shows that is still has 80-90 percent life left. I took it back inside to view video and powered it up again and it did the same thing. I have only had this for about 3 weeks, but this is the first time it has done this. Anyone else have this happen?????
This forum is really helpful. I bought 4 new props as soon as I got the drone because the guy I got it from dinged them up when he demonstrated the drone for me. I had no idea they should be balanced, but mine flies smooth as can be without balancing so far.

I tried slow, and fast. no change. plugged battery in to charge. Hoping it was a glitch that will be gone now.

I tried slow, and fast. no change. plugged battery in to charge. Hoping it was a glitch that will be gone now.

May be a good idea next time the battery is in the bird and you are connected to the GoApp to check the battery status and history. Just tap the battery icon on the top right of the app screen to see cell levels, or go to advanced settings for other information.

Sort of a "battery checkup". You don't want a battery to go south on you at any altitude! If you are unsure of what you are looking at, consult the manual about the intelligent flight battery information.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I did look at the manual online, but must have missed what the USB port was for.
UBS port the drone is for downloading flight logs, and is almost never used as you have other logs on your device to use. The USB port on the gimbal is to download or view your videos if you don't have a SD card reading.

I recently traded a pistol for a DJI Phantom 3 Standard. My first drone and I am loving it and amazed at home easy and smooth it is too fly.
Today I went to power it up for a short flight in my back yard and turned on the controller, and then tried to turn on the drone. Pushed the pwr button once, then again like always, but the drone would just go dark. Did this several times before finally powering up. Battery was fully charged. When doing the battery life check, it shows that is still has 80-90 percent life left. I took it back inside to view video and powered it up again and it did the same thing. I have only had this for about 3 weeks, but this is the first time it has done this. Anyone else have this happen?????
This forum is really helpful. I bought 4 new props as soon as I got the drone because the guy I got it from dinged them up when he demonstrated the drone for me. I had no idea they should be balanced, but mine flies smooth as can be without balancing so far.

I'm new too, so I'm wondering if when you wrote, "When doing the battery life check, it shows that is still has 80-90 percent life left." you were talking about this in post #5:
"May be a good idea next time the battery is in the bird and you are connected to the GoApp to check the battery status and history. Just tap the battery icon on the top right of the app screen to see cell levels, or go to advanced settings for other information."
If NOT, what DID you mean by, "When doing the battery life check, it shows that is still has 80-90 percent life left?"
Thanks.

I'm new too, so I'm wondering if when you wrote, "When doing the battery life check, it shows that is still has 80-90 percent life left." you were talking about this in post #5:
"May be a good idea next time the battery is in the bird and you are connected to the GoApp to check the battery status and history. Just tap the battery icon on the top right of the app screen to see cell levels, or go to advanced settings for other information."
If NOT, what DID you mean by, "When doing the battery life check, it shows that is still has 80-90 percent life left?"
Thanks.
If you press and hold the power button for 5 seconds it will then show how much life you have left before the battery needs to be discarded. Full bars is 100% all bars lit, but one blinking is 80-90% life left, mine has all but one bar lit, so that is 70-80%, and so on. This is total battery life, not how much charge is left.

If you press and hold the power button for 5 seconds it will then show how much life you have left before the battery needs to be discarded. Full bars is 100% all bars lit, but one blinking is 80-90% life left, mine has all but one bar lit, so that is 70-80%, and so on. This is total battery life, not how much charge is left.
Something is wrong with this post, so I'm going to hopefully give the right answer. By pressing the battery power button it shows how much battery power is left. The app displays battery life based on quality of the battery and maybe how many charges it has. The app is showing any faults the battery has, its been to long since I have done this,I need to do it my self.;)

Rod

Something is wrong with this post, so I'm going to hopefully give the right answer. By pressing the battery power button it shows how much battery power is left. The app displays battery life based on quality of the battery and maybe how many charges it has. The app is showing any faults the battery has, its been to long since I have done this,I need to do it my self.;)

Rod
Rod, there is nothing wrong with my post. Try it yourself. Or read your manual, but don't be rude without having the facts. Thank you.
Page 18 of the DJI Phantom 3 users manual.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rod, there is nothing wrong with my post. Try it yourself. Or read your manual, but don't be rude without having the facts. Thank you.
I'm sticking up for "RodPad" in his reply. He was NOT rude to call into question your post. Far from it, he was very nice in the way he posted his concern. Saying "Something is wrong with this post" is not being rude, it's call disagreeing. I've personally have read through the manual myself more than once and missed this one little paragraph on the first read. Besides it's in the Go app as stated, which is more in depth.

Sorry man, read that post three times, I was confused didn't catch the 5 sec part or what it actually did, I had always looked in the app for my battery life. My back up plan in case I was wrong was "hopefully give the right answer" Looks like most of us was use the app for battery life. Never intended it to be rude.
;)

Rod

It's all good, I was tired and probably took it wrong. I have yet to find all the fancy tech areas of the app. yet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers