Official Phantom 4 Manual (version 1.0)

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
The official Phantom 4 manual is now available on the DJI downloads page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobrouk
da5f61a67774bdbfc584c5c7310650d9.jpg

Typo? Lie? Update?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Fallguy
I remember seeing a DJI YouTube demo of failsafe RTH avoiding obstacles, almost running into a mountain, but it ascended and got home safe. Why do you suppose the manual on Pg 13 says it won't avoid obstacles.

upload_2016-3-14_15-32-16.png

Then later in Page 16 it says the opposite.

upload_2016-3-14_15-42-37.png

Last edited:
It's just poorly translated by a non-english speaker. They were trying to say you can film at 120fps and also film at 4k. Notice the double spaces on both sides of the 120fps. Heh I noticed the english was at least getting better in the manual overall but it still feels poorly translated.

I remember seeing a DJI YouTube demo of failsafe RTH avoiding obstacles, almost running into a mountain, but it ascended and got home safe. Why do you suppose the manual says it won't avoid obstacles.

View attachment 47097

View attachment 47098

This contradicts what DJI was showing in the videos. I think it just raises up though.

This contradicts what DJI was showing in the videos. I think it just raises up though.
Part of it seems like cut and paste from the RTH section of the P3 manual. Same warning about setting RTH altitude such that you don't return into a building/tree/hill. Only later does it contradict that and get into the obstacle avoidance. It is what it is.

This site is my user manual. :cool:

The obstacle avoidance calibration steps are vague. What screen are we pointing the craft at? iPad? The illustration looks like a desktop PC. Strange.
upload_2016-3-14_16-0-21.png

18mph with obstacle avoidance enabled? I guess I won't be using obstacle avoidance much. 18mph is like flying Yuneec products :p. Not happening !! So it appears I have the SAME flight time with 30% faster speed. Yeehaw.

upload_2016-3-14_16-46-46.png

Last edited:
The obstacle avoidance calibration steps are vague. What screen are we pointing the craft at? iPad? The illustration looks like a desktop PC. Strange.
View attachment 47099
In the tutorial video they walk you through the process and it is a computer screen while using DJI assistant.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are so many translation mistakes and typos in this manual, don't get me started. Break vs Brake, etc. Many typos, they obviously have never heard of spell checking.

I think they internationally do that just to keep people entertained.

There are so many translation mistakes and typos in this manual, don't get me started. Break vs Brake, etc. Many typos, they obviously have never heard of spell checking.

Yes it is really strange. Comically poor English can become almost expected/accepted for some Asian companies, but I thought DJI was trying to be like Apple...must hire native speakers for each language. Get it together guys.

I noticed that when I read the beta manual. It looks like the first part is a holdover from the Phantom 3 manual & the latter part (it DOES avoid) is the correct info for the P4.

I remember seeing a DJI YouTube demo of failsafe RTH avoiding obstacles, almost running into a mountain, but it ascended and got home safe. Why do you suppose the manual on Pg 13 says it won't avoid obstacles.

View attachment 47097

View attachment 47098

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31