Official Phantom 4 Flyaway/Crash thread

Does anyone here know where I can find a phantom 4 replacement gimbal? I just crashed mine while filming a tree about three feet higher than me cause it just needed to be filmed and backed the phantom into another tree. The bird OK but the gimbal is cracked . This is my first drone and I felt that it was a good starter drone with all the safety features.

Does anyone here know where I can find a phantom 4 replacement gimbal? I just crashed mine while filming a tree just three feet higher than me cause it just needed to be filmed and backed the phantom into another tree. The bird OK but the gimbal is cracked . This is my first drone and I felt that it was a good starter drone with all the safety features.

Hope you were filming the tree at 120 FPS so you can rewatch your crash in slow motion. :)

Laughed so hard I spit my drink onto the wall

It autonomous feature should be pretty impressive actually. Last year they stole away 3 key Telsa autopilot engineers. The rest went to skydio which is also making self-flying drone software.

My new Phantom 4 just "fell out of a clear blue sky" and hit the ground. I wasn't doing/touching anything. Why didn't the collision avoidance "see" the ground and avoid it when it fell?

PS...is this under warranty and will DJI repair it free?
What is RTFM and should I read the manual before I fly again?

Reactions: StumbleBee
My new Phantom 4 just "fell out of a clear blue sky" and hit the ground. I wasn't doing/touching anything. Why didn't the collision avoidance "see" the ground and avoid it when it fell?

PS...is this under warranty and will DJI repair it free?
What is RTFM and should I read the manual before I fly again?
Use you touched the ground on the screen. It follows the object you touch. That's why it fell on the ground. It is intentional.

I am not registering my P4P and the #$%^&* government can't make me! Let the damned black helicopters follow it home, I'm ready for them! If 'Daisy' (my P4P) doesn't make it home I'll know it was because she was shot down. There could be no other explanation. Except for space aliens of course.

Does anyone here know where I can find a phantom 4 replacement gimbal? I just crashed mine while filming a tree about three feet higher than me cause it just needed to be filmed and backed the phantom into another tree. The bird OK but the gimbal is cracked . This is my first drone and I felt that it was a good starter drone with all the safety features.
Just kidding but since the Gimbal is now integrated, you need to replace the entire copter. (Hopefully not true)

Which compass did you calibrate, it has 2. For the left compass spin left, when calibrating the right compass, always spin right.
I wonder how good the "pick good compass when one fails" algorithm will be? If it's like a smart battery algorithm, look out below!

Reactions: ianwood
"My phantom 4 refuses to fly forward. DJI Go app insists it sees dead people and is avoiding them."
That, and I'm waiting for the backup camera...why not, my car has one!

Reactions: DroneLeaks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik