Official P3 Range Leaderboard

BOOM! I like how Pablo only posts on here to brag, never shares his real setup to help a few flyers still interested in P3 long distance
Tilted horizon screenshot, that means no gimbal cam flight! I just can't root for someone that talks of himself in the 3rd person! Buuutt... I'm glad yer a/c made it back home.

my guess is an ms8lihv and 6.6lihv possibility split i think it handles a little better...
DB get that 16 back out there...If you don't want it I'll take it off your hands...;)

Reactions: Lee SK
Boom... Pablo loves this ****... Ok I topped my Flight distance World Record for a Dji Phantom 3 with camera. 13.77 miles one-way & 27.54 total landed with 1% battery NE 5 to 7mph headwind by the shores of Lake Okeechobee Florida.
ce88a020572251224e423f7be934717d.jpg
c33b2a77d9b7088289a21f2f083381bf.jpg
dc7a1cce6bf9293a8ad597f734cb6ef9.jpg
nice flite:) good day to fly!

my guess is an ms8lihv and 6.6lihv possibility split i think it handles a little better...
DB get that 16 back out there...If you don't want it I'll take it off your hands...;)

I'm going to take the 16 up on a new bird soon, if that battery takes that bird to the ground, like it did the last one, and lives through the crash, I will definitely send it your way.

Boom... Pablo loves this ****... Ok I topped my Flight distance World Record for a Dji Phantom 3 with camera. 13.77 miles one-way & 27.54 total landed with 1% battery NE 5 to 7mph headwind by the shores of Lake Okeechobee Florida.
ce88a020572251224e423f7be934717d.jpg
c33b2a77d9b7088289a21f2f083381bf.jpg
dc7a1cce6bf9293a8ad597f734cb6ef9.jpg

Hey Pablo, what firmware are you using, old motors new motors, what batteries did you use? what was your antenna set up? Tripod? Boosted, unboosted? Would you mind showing pics of your mod camera so we can see how you arranged it with those big batteries attached. These are all good questions that help flyers improve their own set ups. At that distance answering these questions are not really giving up an advantage to your competition, because it takes so much more to make that distance come together. So it will be interesting to see how many of these questions you'd be willing to answer.

Hey Pablo, what firmware are you using, old motors new motors, what batteries did you use? what was your antenna set up? Tripod? Boosted, unboosted? Would you mind showing pics of your mod camera so we can see how you arranged it with those big batteries attached. These are all good questions that help flyers improve their own set ups. At that distance answering these questions are not really giving up an advantage to your competition, because it takes so much more to make that distance come together. So it will be interesting to see how many of these questions you'd be willing to answer.

Let's see I use a pretty new firmware 3.1.1 I know everybody likes to do the old-school firmware. Definitely the new motors. Well my antenna set up is posted on the leaderboard 19 dbi duel ARC panels yes my set up is boosted. I don't have any pictures of my camera set up my advice is to strip it down as much as you can without losing its ability to connect. Keep on trying new things it's all trial and error game. I can't give up all my secrets but I'll share as much as I can. Good luck to all my fellow long range pilots keep on pushing the boundaries we don't know how much longer we have to this great Hobby we all enjoy.

Reactions: Lee SK and Digdat0
Let's see I use a pretty new firmware 3.1.1 I know everybody likes to do the old-school firmware. Definitely the new motors. Well my antenna set up is posted on the leaderboard 19 dbi duel ARC panels yes my set up is boosted. I don't have any pictures of my camera set up my advice is to strip it down as much as you can without losing its ability to connect. Keep on trying new things it's all trial and error game. I can't give up all my secrets but I'll share as much as I can. Good luck to all my fellow long range pilots keep on pushing the boundaries we don't know how much longer we have to this great Hobby we all enjoy.
Cheers Pablo! Are you running your batteries on battery wings on the sides, or strapped under the VPS / camera area?

Way to Pablo. Another kickass flight

Reactions: Pablo Chacon
Reactions: Digdat0
Hey DB I read a good quote the other day "flying is hours of boredom with moments of terror" I think for all us long range drone flyers we can relate to that. we learn by doing..my goal is 50k and I will be happy!

What do you guys say when someone tells you that flying beyond the line of site is illegal?
What if you are in open farmland with nothing around but cows. No houses, no traffic no people?

Reactions: Digdat0
What do you guys say when someone tells you that flying beyond the line of site is illegal?
What if you are in open farmland with nothing around but cows. No houses, no traffic no people?
I don't engage, I've found it's not worth it. If anyone asks me how far away I am I say 'just over there, can't you see it?" .. dont get me wrong, I like a good debate but it's just not worth my energy. When I've been out flying though and someone asks how far, if they are cool, I'll tell me I'm 8 miles out .. the respond is usually appalling, "omg you can go that far?" And people don't tend to care. but I also refuse to tell people it's a drone or quad, it's a remote controlled heli ;)

Reactions: HWCM
Are you referring to in person (out in the field), or online (a forum or FB)? Big difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4