Official P3 Range Leaderboard

IMG_0031.PNG IMG_0032.PNG Flew the bird this morning..maxrange,boosted,ms 5200. I landed with a some left in the tank but always cautious over open ocean. Cheers guys

View attachment 80900 View attachment 80901 Flew the bird this morning..maxrange,boosted,ms 5200. I landed with a some left in the tank but always cautious over open ocean. Cheers guys

Hey Alan, flying the same 6-10 mile path over land can be quite boring, is it the same over water or just too beautiful to be boring? That being said anytime that's not too windy in the spring to fly is cherished

Hi db, i find flying over water can be quite mesmerizing and yes digdat could have gone further i guess i chickened out towards the end :rolleyes:

Hi db, i find flying over water can be quite mesmerizing and yes digdat could have gone further i guess i chickened out towards the end :rolleyes:
you went 5+ miles man, no chickening out at all! anytime ya get it back thats a great feeling! this was me yesterday, compass issue and ditched 4 miles out, atti mode on landing = tree

KJKohqZ.jpg

you went 5+ miles man, no chickening out at all! anytime ya get it back thats a great feeling! this was me yesterday, compass issue and ditched 4 miles out, atti mode on landing = tree

KJKohqZ.jpg

That's not what I think of when I think of a "happy ending "[emoji41]

View attachment 81639 View attachment 81640 Hi did a PB this morning 40,492ft...jake please update me on the board...max range, boosted , battery mod ms 5200

Nice flight AR! So tell me how you was feeling when you was at 30,000 feet flying over the water on the way back? Was the percentage comfortable enough where you knew you was going to make it, or was you sweating it. As a distance flyer from the heartland I always wonder how I would feel if I was out over the open water! I can land 10 miles away and just go get it . Nice flight man! It's always nice to log in here and see that somebody made there personal best today. It's a good day[emoji41]

Hi there DB...Yep enjoyed this flight and I was confident of making it back, even though I came back into a slight headwind, knowing when to head for home that's the secret. I guess the risk with flying over the ocean if anything goes amiss its bye bye drone.

What technique do you guys implement to fly back straight over the original path . I have to keep correcting, not very efficient... may be the wind not sure...

Beautiful trip into the blue!

Reactions: Alan Russel
Usually when the bird slows down i hit return to home and when bird starts back I cancel RTH and flyback ATTi mode. If there hardly any wind its holds it course good.

What technique do you guys implement to fly back straight over the original path . I have to keep correcting, not very efficient... may be the wind not sure...

Beautiful trip into the blue!
If you use Litchi, you set Course Lock and it will keep the AC on a straight line.

If you use Litchi, you set Course Lock and it will keep the AC on a straight line.
At times when I've done some distance tests, I forgot about using either course lock for the trip or home lock for the return to keep a straight line. But this could be done via litchi or go.

Last edited:
@JakeMaxxUAV we need some updates here brother :)

these are the four updates i could find

Alan Russel 40,492 max range, boosted , battery mod
WilliamM 23,241 p3 standard battery mod, antenna mod (DBS w/ 3 amps), birdside antenna mod
digdat0 65,915 antennas battery mod modded camera
dirtybum 64,157 antennas battery mod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4