Official DJI Hardshell fit

Hi there. You're controller should be stored in the DJI case with the antennas facing down

Attachments

• 1455180838664.jpg
    1455180838664.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 415
Mine doesn't go in upside down, as the metal handle at the back, is blocked.
There seems to be some minor variances in these hardshell backpack foam inserts.
That method was expressed in a different thread, and as I explained my situation then.
It don't fit upside down nor will it go in sideways, as some have professed.

No, mine will only slide in tight, upright, facing forward. That's it.
Without hot knives creating a new form and shape.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: rene van der meer
Hi there. You're controller should be stored in the DJI case with the antennas facing down
idmenzies, do you have experience with this orientation?
I always place the RC as in the picture from Just_James. With the straps underneath the antenna's (otherwise you risk breaking them)!!!
I tried putting the RC with the antenna's facing down, but I could not get it in without applying have forces on the antenna's, so I would not recommend that.
Everything fits nicely in the shell, but the foam is not really robust. I broke pieces of the thin part at the backside of the battery holes. :(
I hope DJI wil improve the robustness using better materials. I would also like the option to remove the top half completely. This would make it possible to transport the AC without removing the props.

Was going to say the same as Rene.
Placing the controller upside down, does that not put pressure on the delicate antennas when you're placing the controller in the Case?

I always thought the strap was to secure strap in the controller and drone, so if the case is left upside down, as in soft side down, the controller wouldn't move and again put pressure on the antenna on the "roof" of the foam cut out.

I just tried it. Upside down works well, for me. The metal stand sits against a small ledge so there is actually space beneath the antennae. I was able to fit the foam padding (for the camera) and still had no resistance. Well done, whoever suggested this.

Last edited:
I just tried it. Upside down works well, for me. The metal stand sits against a small ledge so there is actually space beneath the antennae. I was able to fit the foam padding (for the camera) and still had no resistance. Well done, whoever suggested this.
Beachduc, I always place it like this. I think it was designed that way. To top half has a similar compartment cut out for the metal stand.

If you take the top foam out of the case and lay it over your packed equipment, the bit over the controller flexes. It is pretty thin there. I tried it the other way up (antennae up) and the same it true. I think the way I showed in the photo probably puts less pressure on the antennae. Given that most people seem to do it the other way around, it probably doesn't matter.

Thanks for all the comments, interesting the upside down idea, weird that DJI show it the other way in their stock photos if that was the design though but I'll experiment!

Mine doesn't go in upside down, as the metal handle at the back, is blocked.
There seems to be some minor variances in these hardshell backpack foam inserts.
That method was expressed in a different thread, and as I explained my situation then.
It don't fit upside down nor will it go in sideways, as some have professed.

No, mine will only slide in tight, upright, facing forward. That's it.
Without hot knives creating a new form and shape.

RedHotPoker
Same here... just a tight fit not allowing for the sticks to be adjusted out, even worse with one of those rubber condoms from ali express on the remote.

I just tried fitting it the remote antenna down, admittedly it does work.
But i feel like that it sticks out a little too much, as in, the zips are really pushing the lid on the remote base as opposed to antenna up, the lid sits nicely when closing.

I dunno what i prefer, as i have broken the antenna once in the case, antenna down seems more protection in transport but could be catastrophic if you put the remote in incorrectly, whilst antenna up could be bad if you closed the lid without checking if it is catching on the antenna.

Came home and turned the remote in there upside down. Wow. That's definitely the intended orientation. Much more protection for the antennae and slides in easy. Also leaves room for a mobile device or cables... I wonder why DJIs photos do not show it this way!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Came home and turned the remote in there upside down. Wow. That's definitely the intended orientation. Much more protection for the antennae and slides in easy. Also leaves room for a mobile device or cables... I wonder why DJIs photos do not show it this way!

I wondered why when a western film crew was given access to the Foxcon factory a young lady who had spent years on the ipad production line claimed she was anazed when she was shown a completed functioning ipad for the first time on camera. Maybe the dji photo was a studio shot and thats how the photigrapher placed the items for the shoot. Im still going with antennas up and have no issues. Its easier to see what position they are in when you close the lid.

kohLxUh.jpg

Mine I've always done like this and I can see the aerials being damaged if put other way around. I can see the metal hitting and other stuff getting in the way.

It's only tight when I have the holder not fully retracted.

While we are discussing the hard shell... What is the cut out behind the batteries really intended for?

Why does everyone else's phantoms and cases look so neat and fresh? I'm not rough with my gear but it looks shabby compared to this.... do you.polish them or something?

While we are discussing the hard shell... What is the cut out behind the batteries really intended for?

Not sure its intended for anything specific, but I modified that are to fit my Nexus 7.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl