Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Offer shipping to Australia.

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Ajginger, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Ajginger

Hey everyone, it would be a good idea to offer to ship to Australia when listing here.

We would like a chance to negotiate with you on some of your items.

Most ebayers offer around $40 - $70 shipping to Australia.
    You still have to go to the post office/shipping merchant to ship items within USA so it's not any harder. ( not much harder anyway )

This will open up your chances of selling.

Thanks.

2. rcheing

As a former Ebay seller, the problem I have with this is that you have to deal with customs forms and I believe Paypal has a different seller protection due to different international laws. When Ebay launched their Global Shipping Program, this was definitely a good move as now us sellers only shipped to a US global shipping and they took care of the customs. Also, since we shipped to a US address, our responsibility was limited to shipping to this address.

3. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Ebay's Global Shipping Program is a pain for buyers.
    The shipping price goes up as the price goes up and it takes an extra week or so above the already slow mail times.

4. Ajginger

Pretty sure USPS is a straight forward way of getting stuff over here.

I used to buy most of my tree lopping gear from the USA when I owned the business and most used to come Through USPS. Took a painfully long time but always got here. I didn't mind waiting.