Reaction score
What's up guys? I'm getting about a 2 degree off axis gimbal tilt consistently during my first 15 flights using the P4. Any suggestions on how to counteract this?

I have seen some suggestions of re calibrating the IMU and Gimbal, but for some reason they both read 'Normal' in the Status Menu, and when clicked nothing happens.

Thanks in advance for the help.

G.

You can manually compensate the Gimbal Roll to compensate. Most likely if the IMU and Gimbal calibration didn't work it may be a workmanship issue on DJI's part and a call for a warranty repair or replacement may be the fix :(

You can manually compensate the Gimbal Roll to compensate. Most likely if the IMU and Gimbal calibration didn't work it may be a workmanship issue on DJI's part and a call for a warranty repair or replacement may be the fix :(

Thanks dude. I can also easily fix it in post, but it's somewhat annoying and cutting out a portion of my frame every time. Slight problem with Warranty Repair or Replacement... I bought the P4 in NYC but live in Germany (cheaper). So now it's here... and do you have any ideas on how to Calibrate the IMU and or Gimbal through DJI Go when 'Normal' is the case...?

Thanks dude. I can also easily fix it in post, but it's somewhat annoying and cutting out a portion of my frame every time. Slight problem with Warranty Repair or Replacement... I bought the P4 in NYC but live in Germany (cheaper). So now it's here... and do you have any ideas on how to Calibrate the IMU and or Gimbal through DJI Go when 'Normal' is the case...?
Big thing when calibrating the IMU make sure it is perfectly level. Do a "cold calibration" (let it sit overnight if you just flew) After performing the IMU calibration immediately do the gimbal calibration. Here is a video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Big thing when calibrating the IMU make sure it is perfectly level. Do a "cold calibration" (let it sit overnight if you just flew) After performing the IMU calibration immediately do the gimbal calibration. Here is a video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great tip man and thanks for linking the video. I'll give it a go and hopefully it'll work out.

I had the tilted gimbal too but after the second IMU, gimbal and compass calibration it straightened out. Like ryantrax said make sure it's perfectly level. I used sheets of paper under the landing gear to make small adjustments so it's perfectly level.

Use an iphone level App like ihandy carpenter leveler.

See on leveler App, to see how the ground sits, then adjust p4 feet accordingly

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
3d70c8e7aecdd0237945c4cf34a475ba.jpg

Use an iphone level App like ihandy carpenter leveler.

See on leveler App, to see how the ground sits, then adjust p4 feet accordingly

3d70c8e7aecdd0237945c4cf34a475ba.jpg
Make sure to calibrate the phone first! I ran into the issue of the sensors in the phone being slightly off.

So, you have an FCC bird in Europe? Nice!! Lol make sure you do some distance test with your buddies and see how much better the extra power is!

And don't tell them until afterwards! Lol you could really mess with some heads

Awesome tips and ideas dudes, cheers!! I'm going to level it out this week and will comment how it turned out.

So, you have an FCC bird in Europe? Nice!! Lol make sure you do some distance test with your buddies and see how much better the extra power is!

You can't have FCC in CE it done via GPS position

All P3/4 are the same and output is set by current location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31